Rate your Products.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
You know, I was washing my car today with my long angled lance and especially when working around the dirt filled arches I can’t think how the short hose would fare on those.
I am very interested though in trying the short gun setup

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Think you can get an extension.... was watching Mat from Detailingworlds latest video on YouTube “winter touchless washing” and he appeared to be using just this!
Screenshot_20201121_215254_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

That's the kit I got online tbh I don't use the extension at all don't find it as good as just the trigger but I'd say that's down to my water pressure being **** a geriatric pensioner could piss harder

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
You know, I was washing my car today with my long angled lance and especially when working around the dirt filled arches I can’t think how the short hose would fare on those.
I am very interested though in trying the short gun setup
I prefer it for the arches and sills etc and in general just more control.

but the down side is you do tend to get a little wetter lol. Also if you have a powerful powerwasher you can feel it on the wrist.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Dam you lads & peer pressure... short lance ordered :joy:

You'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner.

I prefer it for the arches and sills etc and in general just more control.

but the down side is you do tend to get a little wetter lol. Also if you have a powerful powerwasher you can feel it on the wrist.

Mine arrived just in time for the weekly wash. Really impressed, so much more direct & more control, feels like going from an electric to a petrol washer in terms of power increase.

The bit about the wrist is true though but that's a byproduct of the extra power I guess.

On the extension lances for these, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the short lance or dilute the power back down again?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Mine arrived just in time for the weekly wash. Really impressed, so much more direct & more control, feels like going from an electric to a petrol washer in terms of power increase.

The bit about the wrist is true though but that's a byproduct of the extra power I guess.

On the extension lances for these, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the short lance or dilute the power back down again?
I don’t think it makes it any more powerful, just think there’s Lance so it wants to twist more.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Sealskinz Gauntlet gloves,

Price - Varies, but I got mine for £33.

Quality - 10/10 so far. Probably washed 10 cars since purchased 3 weeks ago

Value - 10/10. I got mine at possibly the cheapest they come at.

Opinion - Why did I not buy these years ago? Winter car washing made easy, no need to run in and out of the house with dirty/wet footware and can just fill the wash buckets with cold water. I only wear the gloves during the wash process as I prefer the 'feel' of nitrile gloves if using detail brushes or a drying towel or a m/f cloth.

There are grips on the palms and the index and thumb tips can be used with a touch screen

I'd definitely recommend these for anyone who likes warm and dry hands when washing your motors during the winter,

20201106_094307.jpg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I normally just stick a set of nitriles on, and get them dunked and wet and find they keep the chill away from my wee paws.

will keep an eye out for a pair of the seal skins.

had tried a pair of my diving wet gloves and didn't like how they felt

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I use one of these and was the car with warm water lol. Keeps the hands from freezing up

28C60363-BB19-4F01-B37F-CDACA92A841F.jpeg

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Screenshot_20201129_190653_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Gave this a go on a pair of yellowed honda headlights. Usually headlights require sanding buffing etc but this product is amazing. Cleans in coats headlight in seconds. Basically rub on and buff off with microfiber, really that simple. 10/10

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I tried Autoglym Magma today as I’m out of Purge and it was handy to grab in a motorfactors.

Price 8/10 I paid trade price on it as I put it through work. Think it normally retails at £13 or so?

Quality 6/10 I didn’t rate this at all. Very little reaction and I used it on most panels. It actually smells like Wonder Wheels (blast from the past!)

Will be sticking with Purge from now on.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Sealskinz Gauntlet gloves,

Price - Varies, but I got mine for £33.

Quality - 10/10 so far. Probably washed 10 cars since purchased 3 weeks ago

Value - 10/10. I got mine at possibly the cheapest they come at.

Opinion - Why did I not buy these years ago? Winter car washing made easy, no need to run in and out of the house with dirty/wet footware and can just fill the wash buckets with cold water. I only wear the gloves during the wash process as I prefer the 'feel' of nitrile gloves if using detail brushes or a drying towel or a m/f cloth.

There are grips on the palms and the index and thumb tips can be used with a touch screen

I'd definitely recommend these for anyone who likes warm and dry hands when washing your motors during the winter,

View attachment 303400
Where did you get yours?

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Was in my local spar they are doing a version of the waterproof gloves for a tenner. No idea if they are any good or not. But someone might take a punt on them instead of the sealskinz.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Opinions please:

Wheel wollies

Or

EZ Detail brushes

Need to upgrade from the crap im using that doesn't last.
These options are similar money. Currently using bristle type brushes. Ive used a cheaper wheel wolly before and from memory it feels heavy when full of water but would they be longer lasting than the bristle brushes from EZ Detail?

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Opinions please:

Wheel wollies

Or

EZ Detail brushes

These options are similar money. Currently using bristle type brushes. Ive used a cheaper wheel wolly before and from memory it feels heavy when full of water but would they be longer lasting than the bristle brushes from EZ Detail?

Those EZ brushes look like hard plastic type bristles, wouldn't have them anywhere near my car if they are.

Been using wheel woolies for several months now & for me they've been a game changer for washing wheels. Got mine from @Big Pimp

To add, they havent worn 1 bit in that time either, reach right to the back of the rim too.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Opinions please:

Wheel wollies

Or

EZ Detail brushes

What style are your wheels ? I had the Carbon Collective woolies and they seems good quality but for the bits I needed to clean I felt like I was poking at it with the point of a woolly stick. Sold them after one use. Needed a brush for the r32 Golf multi spoke wheels but couldn't justify the price of woolies and got a similar bristle brush to the EZ one (in fact it might actually be one) but it was to splattery to use. Felt pretty soft to me and I wasn't worried about marking wheels at all (though they were fresh powdercoat silver)
I always end up with a glove style wash mit. Can get in any nooks and crannies by hand usually.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
What style are your wheels ? I had the Carbon Collective woolies and they seems good quality but for the bits I needed to clean I felt like I was poking at it with the point of a woolly stick. Sold them after one use. Needed a brush for the r32 Golf multi spoke wheels but couldn't justify the price of woolies and got a similar bristle brush to the EZ one (in fact it might actually be one) but it was to splattery to use. Felt pretty soft to me and I wasn't worried about marking wheels at all (though they were fresh powdercoat silver)
I always end up with a glove style wash mit. Can get in any nooks and crannies by hand usually.

The woolies wouldnt leave any marks for sure. I've had other ones in the past but these are a different kettle of fish, more expensive yeah but I've no doubt spent double the value of 2 sets of wollies on cheaper alternatives over the past couple of years alone.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA

They would be used on a wide variety of wheels to be honest, I use the ebay version of the ez detail brushes but they don't last obviously.
I do have a glove type wash mitt also

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
The woolies wouldnt leave any marks for sure. I've had other ones in the past but these are a different kettle of fish, more expensive yeah but I've no doubt spent double the value of 2 sets of wollies on cheaper alternatives over the past couple of years alone.
Cant comment on quality comparison of Carbon Collective woolies to actual Wheel Woolies (who makes them?) but they seemed good to me. Well, as good as a bit of wool on a stick can be 😂.
They would be used on a wide variety of wheels to be honest, I use the ebay version of the ez detail brushes but they don't last obviously.
I do have a glove type wash mitt also
This is the one I have but don't use it much as its messy and an old wash mitt is easier used
Screenshot_20210108-112111_eBay.jpg

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Opinions please:

Wheel wollies

Or

EZ Detail brushes

I had a EZ Detail brush previously to my wheel woolies from @Big Pimp and in my opinion there is no comparison, wheel woolies every time. I only use the ez detailing brush on the carpet type inner arches on the rear.

the only thing I noticed is the biggest wheel woolie is starting to shed when I use it but they come with a lifetime guarantee.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Cant comment on quality comparison of Carbon Collective woolies to actual Wheel Woolies (who makes them?) but they seemed good to me. Well, as good as a bit of wool on a stick can be 😂.

This is the one I have but don't use it much as its messy and an old wash mitt is easier usedView attachment 307908

Yes thats the ez detail type brush im talking about. Can get quite abit of splatter when pulling them out from under the hub of the wheel.

Either type are in around £45-£55 roughly for a pack of 3, don't really want to fork out the dollars for it to be a waste lol

As I say I'm use to the bristle type one but cheaper ebay version. Was going to upgrade to the ez detail ones in the hope they last longer but now the wheel wollies have caught my attention im trying to get some opinions

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I have my original set of wheel Woolies for well over 10 years and they are still going strong. I’d put them down as the best detailing product I’ve ever bought (di vessel and geyon wet coat being very close behind!)