4th fault with car in 4 months

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Its under a years warranty until sept this year, if I can get anymore warranty out of them I think I'll be happy with that.

I actually don't no what is and isn't covered under it, any fault that has occurred we have just rang them told them the problem someone from service team rang back booked it in ASAP and that's been the case so far.

pablo

RMS Moderator
**** me, if that's getting your knickers in a twist you need to have a good long look at yourself in the mirror lol, who gives two ****s, its a car. Sounds like the dealer is fixing issues with no hassle, that's their obligation. I doubt very much that you have a leg to stand on with regards of a refund or exchange.
bit harsh, a car letting you down is a pain in the hole, especially if the wife has it and kids with her etc. Even though the garage are being brilliant the inconvenience is still massive if youre stuck at the side of the road.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
**** me, if that's getting your knickers in a twist you need to have a good long look at yourself in the mirror lol, who gives two ****s, its a car. Sounds like the dealer is fixing issues with no hassle, that's their obligation. I doubt very much that you have a leg to stand on with regards of a refund or exchange.

Might not be something that bothers you, but it has bothered us. Everyone is different, we have put every spare penny we have into buying this car so when things go wrong it does cause stress in different way.
The guy has entertained a trade back deal of some sort with something that we might be interested in which is a great option to have to consider, this one was beyond our budget but we managed to stretch to it. Can't stretch any further to maybe buy something else outside our budget so would prob entertain the extended warranty as the other option he mentioned.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
bit harsh, a car letting you down is a pain in the hole, especially if the wife has it and kids with her etc. Even though the garage are being brilliant the inconvenience is still massive if youre stuck at the side of the road.

A car breaking down is absolutely an inconvenience, yes, an embarrassment? No, cars break down all the time, its a normal thing.

We need to hire James Cameron to get on here and raise the bar.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
A car breaking down is absolutely an inconvenience, yes, an embarrassment? No, cars break down all the time, its a normal thing.

We need to hire James Cameron to get on here and raise the bar.

I understand where you are coming from, there are more important things happening in the world compared to a car breaking down.

Embarrassment is just one thing that has came with the car having its 4th fault, not the major problem.
Financial worries is the other, godforbid they didn't stand over one of the faults.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Are they local-ish to you? I.E if they were to give an extended warranty, through WarrantyWise or something even - and if the car ever goes in for work they'll provide a courtesy car?

Sounds like they've been brilliant with the after sales to be honest. And like most have said, you're getting a lot of common issues fixed FOC. I'd be inclined to stick with the car tbh.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Yeah they are local enough @Gaz VW Warranty is in house i believe and they do all the work themselves with 'genuine' parts. Genuine parts being the giveaway I think lol

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
None of the faults are related and appear to be sorted. There's a new clutch and flywheel on the car (which can be expensive) and you've 7 months warranty remaining with a garage that appears to be working with you on the repairs. You could get another car tomorrow and the same problems might crop up, it's part & parcel of buying second hand motors.

I'd persevere with it until the warranty is out at least & if it's still giving bother chop it in for something else late August with all the faults sorted.

I think if it went in 4 times with the same problem I'd crack up, but separate unrelated problems is more than likely just bad luck vs getting a dose of a car or having a dealer skimping on repairs or without a clue what they're at.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
You know, if it was me, I'd stick with it. Reason being, from what you've said the dealer is being 100% with sorting the issues which is rare these days.

In contrast, it's taken me 5 months to get money back from a dealer who owed me a warranty claim.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Right so abit of good news.

Just off the phone there with them. Luckily enough one of the connections for the sensors had came apart so its an easy enough fix and the gentleman has extended the warranty by 12 months FOC

Managed to talk the wife round and she is a tad more relaxed about keeping the car now

Thanks for the help folks

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Right so abit of good news.

Just off the phone there with them. Luckily enough one of the connections for the sensors had came apart so its an easy enough fix and the gentleman has extended the warranty by 12 months FOC

Managed to talk the wife round and she is a tad more relaxed about keeping the car now

Thanks for the help folks

That’s good of them. Keep and enjoy it. Things could go wrong on a brand new car too.

The reason I asked about the mileage was that a warranty at Audi would only be about £350, but you aren’t going to need that now!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ah, happy days then getting another years Audi warranty on it! That’s where I go too, can’t fault them.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Yes we have been very well looked after and I can't thank them enough for putting us at ease with everything.

The fella we were dealing with today was so helpful and sympathetic and even pissed off that he couldn't even offer us a cuppa tea or a courtesy car cause of covid.

Very happy customers today and thankfully the wife is abit more at ease. Fingers crossed to many happy miles motoring