a-kem automotive

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Do you just spray the Cleanse on the tyres and then blast off, no brushing or agitation needed?

I believe you can, but I still give the tyres a scrub and the wheels a clean too,

IMG_20210130_175132_092.jpg

Deleted member 23441

D
Got shamed by the neighbours on Saturday so was out cleaning on Sunday. It was ... invigorating ❄️☃️🌬️

This Anachem lark is like your own wee chemist set, lol - love it 8-|

View attachment 310944

I hate winter... Who's a dirty girl then +o(:-#

View attachment 310945

View attachment 310946

Time for scientific experiments 8-| That's Citraclean (1:30) down the right side of the boot; my winter blend of Articulate and Lazer (1:50 each) down the middle; and just for the craic Cleanse (out of the bottle) down the left. Just sprayed on, allowed to dwell, and then power hose and dry.

View attachment 310948

View attachment 310949

View attachment 310950

That's pretty good given where it started! And nothing else. Citraclean as effective as Articulate+Lazer, that's impressive.

So, for the next step it was Citraclean down the right half of the car; Articulate+Lazer down the left half; Cleanse on the wheels; then foam over the lot. Left to stew then power hose.

View attachment 310951

View attachment 310952

Honestly, every time I use Cleanse is just, like, wow :innocent: That's just power hose, no brushing or anything else. Again considering where they started. And the way it cleans the tyres is genuine magic!

Here is the citraclean+foam+power hose side after drying:

View attachment 310953

And the Articulate+Lazer and foam side after drying.

View attachment 310954

Both even more impressive sitting under the foam for a bit. And again Citraclean as effective as Articulate+Lazer.

And the final result, after Gleam + Ultragloss:

View attachment 310958

View attachment 310959

View attachment 310960
Haha
One of my neighbours asked me if i had a business washing cars lol🤣 then it twigged with me is the local scratch and shine merchants open?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Do you just spray the Cleanse on the tyres and then blast off, no brushing or agitation needed?
Yep, pretty much, that's all I ever do with it. That's all I did in that picture above.

Depends how fussy you are as usual. This time of year they'll be covered in muck inside five yards of driving. Cleanse deals with all that dirt no bother at all. And the way it cleans the tyre is unreal.

Occasionally followed by purge if there is a lot of baked in brake dust but only rarely need that now.

These wheels have no coating of any kind yet either. I reckon once I've got them coated then Cleanse will be all they will need.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Is that restorer available for sale yet? The scuttle panel on the DC5 could do with lifting like that.

By product x I take it you mean trim restorer?

yes, product x is trim + / trim restore (haven't actually named it anything as yet)

@Reno_LV is taking photographs this week of the missing products on the website and all will be live very very shortly.

I currently have the trim restore bottled in these packs below - in it you'll get a 50ml bottle of the trim restore, a 50ml bottle of IPA with a spray head, a small soft microfibre application pad, and a small super plush microfibre buffing towel.
IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0089.JPG

MarkM

RMS Regular
yes, product x is trim + / trim restore (haven't actually named it anything as yet)

@Reno_LV is taking photographs this week of the missing products on the website and all will be live very very shortly.

I currently have the trim restore bottled in these packs below - in it you'll get a 50ml bottle of the trim restore, a 50ml bottle of IPA with a spray head, a small soft microfibre application pad, and a small super plush microfibre buffing towel.View attachment 311130View attachment 311131View attachment 311132

I need to restock and I’ve been holding off for months to get this!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news

I currently have the trim restore bottled in these packs below - in it you'll get a 50ml bottle of the trim restore, a 50ml bottle of IPA with a spray head, a small soft microfibre application pad, and a small super plush microfibre buffing towel.View attachment 311130View attachment 311131View attachment 311132
Very fancy Ross I like the wee box lol. My order arrived today very quick as usual good man 👍😃

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Sorry Ross, but as much as I love you and your stuff, I feel that's very 'elite' and like I should be on my knees sucking you off for the privilige of buying that. Sounds dramatic I know, but honest initial reaction.

I'm just a plain and simple man though and I'm sure your instagayers are loving it and it's with the times, unlike me...

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's

Really like that 👌🏼

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Sorry Ross, but as much as I love you and your stuff, I feel that's very 'elite' and like I should be on my knees sucking you off for the privilige of buying that. Sounds dramatic I know, but honest initial reaction.

I'm just a plain and simple man though and I'm sure your instagayers are loving it and it's with the times, unlike me...
Thats actually really interesting to know thats your initial reaction, as that definitely wasn't the idea!

It was done to be kinda tongue in cheek and funny, and definitely not elitist.

If you look at the second image, you'll see 4 cutouts, and if you look closely theres a 5th at the top.

Those boxes were originally intended to be a 5 pack small parcel size (<£4 postage) sample kits in which we put 5 of the top selling products, or you can choose sample sizes of any other products you may never have tried to get the products out there!

Edit: I wouldn't be averse to a wee reach around from you by the way
handjob GIF

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S

I think I've been waiting near 6 months for these! About time lol.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp

Have you tried the new foam ik spayers with citraclean or articulate?
I only took 6 in on my initial order and all went out in the first few days

I’ve another load coming in and am going to open up one of them to demo

I did keep one of the big 12lt sprayers and it’s awesome. The coolest thing is the interchangeable nozzles for either fan or spray

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I only took 6 in on my initial order and all went out in the first few days

I’ve another load coming in and am going to open up one of them to demo

I did keep one of the big 12lt sprayers and it’s awesome. The coolest thing is the interchangeable nozzles for either fan or spray
Ah okay no problem. I just like the idea of more foam lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't think foaming has any benefit at all with the likes of Citraclean and Articulate.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I have been waiting for months on the trim restorer to try on my Mini Countryman but nothing ever turned up. Bought Another wee bottle of the product I was using but looks like the Mini might be sold before it comes out lol.

Walder

RMS Regular
Citraclean or Articulate as a pre cleaner?

My car doesn't have a ceramic finish just wax.

Trying to decide how much Ross is going to fleece me this month as a quick inspect and stocks are low!!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Either will be fine, just personal preference. Citraclean dilutes 1:30, Articulate 1:50, so Articulate probably works out a little cheaper. But neither is exactly dear, lol, pennies per wash.

Citraclean is ridiculously effective on heavy dirt, like this time of year. It was similar to Articulate + Lazer when I tried side by side, and that's pretty strong going!

But also a bit more aggressive so not sure about using it regularly on a waxed car.

Personally I'd just go Articulate for that. Especially if you do a bucket wash to finish anyway.

Get Cleanse for the wheels, Articulate for prewash, and Gleam for the bucket, job done.

Foam on top of Articulate and Cleanse helps, but they work fine without too.

Last edited: