Another RMS E92 M3

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Fantastic! Can't get better than finding out its been done.

I am debating getting my bearings replaced or not as I am 50/50 whether to sell the car or not

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
In an excellent turn of events, I called around the garages listed on the service history for the car to see if I could get copies of receipts, more detailed history etc. Turns out the rod bearings were done in Crawley in 2019, they're going to email me the full receipts for it. Literally couldn't be happier at the moment.
So I got the full receipts through today for work carried out by BMR Performance in Crawley in 2019. I'm absolutely astounded. The previous owner spent just under £12k in the space of 4 months, a lot on preventative maintenance (including rod bearings) but also replacing pretty much every interior trim piece, adding a brand new first aid kit, tool kit, new discs and pads all around, DCT service, new top mounts, lots of suspension bits, and an Eibach Pro Kit. I think I have inadvertently bought a much better M3 than I thought. Funny, after driving a few I knew as soon as I took this on a test drive it felt different than the rest. I put that down to being the first DCT I had driven.

In celebration, I washed it after work, here's a crappy pic:

1618519283641.png

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
With the 4 pipe mod, there aren't many better sounding cars on the road.

As for the work carried out, I can’t think of anyone with greater knowledge of ///M cars then Barry at BMR.

Last edited:

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
With the 4 pipe mod, there aren't many better sounding cars on the road.

As for the work carried out, I can’t think of anyone with greater knowledge of ///M cars then Barry at BMR.
That's great news - there was lots of work carried out at BMR. They were nothing but helpful on the phone too, when they absolutely had no need to be. Refreshing to see!

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
Yup, that's mine! I dropped it off very early this morning so I was delighted when I got the message from Colm to say it was in the right place 😂 my dash threw up the traction, abs and stability lights so Colm is replacing the wheelspeed sensor.

It's getting a minor paint correction and tidy up done tomorrow so once that's done I'll update the thread.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Yup, that's mine! I dropped it off very early this morning so I was delighted when I got the message from Colm to say it was in the right place 😂 my dash threw up the traction, abs and stability lights so Colm is replacing the wheelspeed sensor.

It's getting a minor paint correction and tidy up done tomorrow so once that's done I'll update the thread.

If it’s a front speed sensor they’re a gift to do yourself , I’m in no way mechanically minded and
It was a 20 min -min my last E92 M3;
wheel off, disconnect sensor and replace ,
The rear ones a bit trickier as have to pull back the lining
The 4-pipe was too loud for me as much as it sounds great out on the road
I went with the 2 pipe mod just and was plenty loud- leaving house early id wake everyone up.

If I was getting 4-pipe i would out the cold start

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3

Hope its just the one you need 😅

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
If it’s a front speed sensor they’re a gift to do yourself , I’m in no way mechanically minded and
It was a 20 min -min my last E92 M3;
wheel off, disconnect sensor and replace ,
The rear ones a bit trickier as have to pull back the lining
The 4-pipe was too loud for me as much as it sounds great out on the road
I went with the 2 pipe mod just and was plenty loud- leaving house early id wake everyone up.

If I was getting 4-pipe i would out the cold start
I'd say it would be grand, but you know what the beards are like. The more receipts, the better. Plus I cannot be arsed messing around on my driveway these days. I'm happy to throw this to Colm for anything it needs mechanically.

Hope its just the one you need 😅
Thankfully it was! DSR replaced today 👍

Father Stack

RMS Regular
OP
Father Stack
Drives
VRS
I've got this up for sale, if anyone knows of anyone interested in a really really well sorted and looked after M3!

If it doesn't sell, I'll probably pump thousands more into it when I don't really need to, so for my wallets sake, please find someone interested

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Good luck with the sale!

Shouldn't sit round too long there is a market for them and its in a desirable colour.

My Jerez Black one was a nightmare to shift due to the colour

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Ooh I like that but wrong time for me.

Golf R isn't cutting it, think I need another M3 next year!

GLWS

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I've got this up for sale, if anyone knows of anyone interested in a really really well sorted and looked after M3!

If it doesn't sell, I'll probably pump thousands more into it when I don't really need to, so for my wallets sake, please find someone interested

Strong money, GLWS

ilovequo

RMS Regular
The ad pics really aren’t doing that justice… you should use those empire pics from June to show it off better!
Cracking car, rare to get one with cash thrown at it like that…