a-kem automotive

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I thought I'd try out the new power washer today and cleaned the mini.

Used Cleanse, Articulate, Ultrafoam, Ultraslick, Hydraclean, Ultragloss, top secret trim product and Hybrid. Took a good few hours but looks well now. Need to get some tar remover though 🙄. I also want to get the wheels off soon and give the arches a good clean but that's for another day.
20210409_165634.jpg
20210409_165614.jpg
20210409_165624.jpg
20210409_165650.jpg
20210409_165606.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Tidied the outhouse the other day and sorted crap out.

anyone want classic clearview 😂 I’ve 5 tins still unused (1-2 open about) and bought a box like 5 years ago or more lol.

8FD4E218-4FBE-4628-97EA-3B2E061F5DAE.jpeg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Last year you could have made a killing on those :innocent: 😅

I use them all the time. Around the house, the cars, everywhere. Great stuff.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
So I got to use cleanse and wheel Woolies out on my wheels. Normally I just soak the inside of the wheels with articulate when doing the rest of the bodywork, but as good as it is it's not really a brake dust remover and blasting with the hose doesn't remove too much.

So Cleanse I sprayed on the inside of the wheels this time and even with a blast of the power hose it removed a fair whack before I even got to scrubbing 😁 So that sort goes against why I bought the Woolies but also makes life easier lol.

So, as for the wheel Woolies, I've only used the larger of the 3 pack Ross sells and by Jove it fairly holds some amount of water for the size of it, felt nearly on par with a mitt lol. But yeah, it definitely got right in between the spokes and to the back of the wheel, so now the insides are spotless 😃 Couldn't get a good comparison photo to show sadly.

I'll be honest, I had been holding off and was hesitant about splurging out on the cost of the wheel Woolies, I mean they're £45 for 3 fancy brushes, albeit prices not set by Ross as explained previously. But even after this use and how it's made my life easier and got the whole inside of the wheel clean would I buy if this was just a tester, yes I would; these are very well made, hold a good amount of water and you don't feel as if they're going to damage your wheel 😃

So yeah, overall for those 2 new products to me, 2 thumbs up 😍 Oh actually I'm just thinking I got tornado air freshener to try as well. This smells like Jif basically lol. Which I'm not offended by as it smells clean and fresh 😃 Even my cat Drac approves...

PXL_20210402_112311953.MP.jpg

Oh and as for previous conversation about labels, on my pump sprayer for Articulate I peeled the label off my 5lt and stuck it on to the sprayer ☺️

PXL_20210402_101654052.jpg

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Set to work on the big E Coupe yesterday morning and used cleanse for the first time. Have to say I don't usually use a wheel cleaner at all and usually just have a dedicated wheel bucket with the same car wash as the rest of the car and my wheel woolies. Was impressed with the cleaning ability of it and it even removed some of the 'staining' from the brake calipers that I'd been struggling to remove since I bought the car.

Pic of it in action(mainly from the tyres I think):

IMG_20210410_105656.jpg

IMG_20210410_105704.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Whatever it says on the label, different for different products.

Cleanse is ready to use. Some dilute it 1:2 or 1:3 for lightly soiled wheels or if you wash frequently. Try and see what works for you.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I used what was left of Cleanse in a 1:1 mix on a set of filthy work van tyres and it was great. Wasn't enough to attack the wheels, but neither was 4 rounds of fallout remover, so if you want to stretch it a bit further, 50/50 cleanse will be good on most applications.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
What you you guys recommend for cleaning and de oxidising Aluminium Tread Plate? Lazer?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lazer would clean it for sure, but not de-oxidise anything. Worth trying that first. Don't use it too strong, stick to the usual 50:1.

If it's actually oxidised and not lacquered then you could try polishing with some fine 0000 wire wool. Same if it's just ingrained surface dirt, like rubber marks from shoe soles.

If it's lacquered and it's the lacquer that's gone dull then they may need refinishing.

S2K-Aaron

RMS Regular
Drives
Daily Hack
Lazer would clean it for sure, but not de-oxidise anything. Worth trying that first. Don't use it too strong, stick to the usual 50:1.

If it's actually oxidised and not lacquered then you could try polishing with some fine 0000 wire wool. Same if it's just ingrained surface dirt, like rubber marks from shoe soles.

If it's lacquered and it's the lacquer that's gone dull then they may need refinishing.

No, don’t use Lazer as there is a caustic base in it.

CitraClean would be a decent choice but a metal safe acid is needed to de oxidise it

Cheers lads, it's for the top of my Motorcycle Lift so doesn't need to be perfect tbh. Will report back lol 👍🏼

Nathan-O

RMS Member
Drives
2013 Caddy
Order #4409- When will you have the 20lt Articulate back in Ross :cool:
Good to get a restock done !! Best products about.
Looking forward to your leather cleaner !