Sometimes you can't help but look at your car once you have washed it! Post your pics..

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
First time washing the R32 yesterday. Wee man supervising.

DSC_9829-01-01.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
M4 is still looking well @MarkM

13k miles on it Chris, still a very fresh car, sometimes I think it’s such a waste sitting under a cover as I’ve little time for it these days, when I was in the mood to sell it, having looked at a Boxter GTS, Mustang, Supra and an F type I couldn’t bring myself to part with it, if it was on finance it wouldn’t be here lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
13k miles on it Chris, still a very fresh car, sometimes I think it’s such a waste sitting under a cover as I’ve little time for it these days, when I was in the mood to sell it, having looked at a Boxter GTS, Mustang, Supra and an F type I couldn’t bring myself to part with it, if it was on finance it wouldn’t be here lol

Ironically its doing less mileage that has me looking at a Porsche, before the whole COVID thing I would have been doing too much mileage to get a sensible PCP deal on one.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Something a bit different than I'm usually asked to clean. Removed stickers from both sides as well as the bonnet and back doors, quick machine polish, interior cleaned, engine bay cleaned and dressed and a 12 month sealant applied on top.

A typical work van, it was disgusting before, but didn't take any photos.

20210410_205246.jpg

20210410_210207.jpg

20210410_205706.jpg

20210410_205211.jpg

20210410_205805.jpg
20210410_205830.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Love getting a day doing what I love. Haven’t given my car attention in a long time and yesterday was perfect.

Got to use Anachem cleanse for the first time. Along with it, purge and some elbow grease, I swear the wheels have a new shine.

Fully decontaminated and clayed. Love a good clay, the car is now like a new colour and looks a lot more fresh.

Topped off with Gtechniq C2 before round two today:

• dressings
• exhaust
• hoover
• leather
• wheel seal
• glass

0B67FEAE-4345-4583-9B89-FA218B999EC4.jpeg
35748D39-AA26-4711-A88F-3142CAB3EF0C.jpeg
7F14D9CC-4FF9-404C-9BF5-0073DDC76EEA.jpeg
54EAB708-D2BF-41B6-8771-A83DDAD35503.jpeg

946654AD-F36B-4BC4-ACD0-391A7734B833.jpeg
8ADE9188-504E-487D-A6EA-AD0E3D857FF4.jpeg
F0D360B8-8D02-481F-B570-32A1CFEFD12F.jpeg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
How do you find the A3 for space with the baby and all the stuff that comes with one @Todd ?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Great job, I like your thinking with the gazebo

My wife bought it for another purpose but I’ve adopted it lol brought it out yesterday so I could continue to put purge on the car without worrying about it drying on the paintwork in the sun

How do you find the A3 for space with the baby and all the stuff that comes with one @Todd ?

I’ve used mine throughout my eldests life (he’s now 3) and been grand. Been around Scotland in with him and my wife comfortably. I do have a pram which folds away to the size of a briefcase and weighs 4kg

Will be a different story when my wife is off maternity and I’ll have both of them in the car but that’s 6 months away

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Good job @Gareth - what products did you use?

Inside was vacuum, BloAir GT (a great tool for blowing crap out of places you can't reach with a vacuum or brush) and a detail brush and then a LOT of G101 with a drill brush and then dressed with 303. Outside was hairdryer for the stickers, followed up with Tardis to get the residue off. Then it was a usual decon wash, Cleanse on wheels and tyres followed buy Car Chem fallout remover, Articulate, Ultrafoam, Car Chem fallout on the body then Tardis and washed again. Finished with a rush around with a Meguiars microfiber pad and D300, Car Chem panel wipe then 2 coats of Car Chem Lockdown sealant and tyres and engine dressed with CarPro PERL. I think that's everything 👍🏼

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
It’s ok space wise, but the front passenger needs to sit quite far forward to allow the baby seat behind. I’d say when the baby can sit forward facing there will be more room!

It’s a good size for the wife and baby to scoot about in. All the stuff fits in the boot no problem, and the dog cage.

For myself I’d like something along the lines for an A6 Avant for when we are packing the car to head further afield.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Something a bit different than I'm usually asked to clean. Removed stickers from both sides as well as the bonnet and back doors, quick machine polish, interior cleaned, engine bay cleaned and dressed and a 12 month sealant applied on top.

A typical work van, it was disgusting before, but didn't take any photos.
Know all about that one, don't think this one actually saw a sponge since it was new in 2012, had been washed with a hose weekly, but paint was stained a yellowy colour when properly washed. Spent a full day on the outside, have got it not too bad, but could spend another day on it at least.
Interior got a quick run over too.
TJZ 14.jpg
TJZ 01.jpg
TJZ 08.jpg
TJZ 05.jpg
TJZ 10.jpg
TJZ 07.jpg
IMG_20210403_133301.jpg

Last edited:

-herc-

RMS Regular
Car detailing - What is the best package to buy?
Never been into this whole detailing and have never clayed or polished a car in my life. any tips?? lol

thefool1983

RMS Regular
I would recommend Anachem, as I'm sure many others would.
Not sure if there is still a sample pack available? @Big Pimp

If you clay, you will need to polish and seal afterwards. To remove any marring the claybar introduces.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Never been into this whole detailing and have never clayed or polished a car in my life. any tips?? lol

There are some pretty good guides on YouTube.

Just search car detailing and subscribe to the highly followed and rated channels.

As mentioned Anachem still is really good, I also use some Gyeon products myself.

Anachem used to stock a startup kit with all the core products included. Not sure if they still do.

You will also need a jet washer and a foam lance.

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Be good to know your normal routine and then maybe a few can pitch in with ideas on what do add to that. I'm surprised how much I've learned over the years now and wish I had asked more questions looking back lol

-herc-

RMS Regular
Be good to know your normal routine and then maybe a few can pitch in with ideas on what do add to that. I'm surprised how much I've learned over the years now and wish I had asked more questions looking back lol
I don’t have a normal routine. Usually took it to the car wash and got someone else to do it.

my outlook on car washing is pressure wash , sponge shampoo then rinse lol
There are some pretty good guides on YouTube.

Just search car detailing and subscribe to the highly followed and rated channels.

As mentioned Anachem still is really good, I also use some Gyeon products myself.

Anachem used to stock a startup kit with all the core products included. Not sure if they still do.

You will also need a jet washer and a foam lance.
I spent all morning on the anachem site looking at what they offer.. head pickled !

I have a karcher k2 power washer.