Karcher K2, K3 or K4

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
A mate bought a cheap 10m hose and it was hard and brittle. His hose is fubared now with a load of kinks in it. Better to get the hydraulic style hose. Flexible yet tough

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Do yourself a favour and get yourself a decent hose - thon we twisty thing would do your head in.

I have the same unit and got a decent length hose off @Cleantec

10FCFBCE-70FD-4849-A962-C4DEE91B9B37.jpeg

I bought one of these 30m “heavy duty” extension hoses 5 months ago or so and always rolled it up etc after use , it split today halfway along (about 1cm split).
Rang Cleantec to ask if this was normal and he replied “it’s just rubber mate, what do you expect me to do about it”. When I asked that it was supposed to be heavy duty (I’m a casual 1/2 washes a week user) he said it “could have been pulled over a wee stone”

Not very happy with the customer service or their products and also will not be buying anymore from them.
Especially since my original Karcher 15m hose has lasted over 5 years and I just wanted a longer one

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
View attachment 323064

I bought one of these 30m “heavy duty” extension hoses 5 months ago or so and always rolled it up etc after use , it split today halfway along (about 1cm split).
Rang Cleantec to ask if this was normal and he replied “it’s just rubber mate, what do you expect me to do about it”. When I asked that it was supposed to be heavy duty (I’m a casual 1/2 washes a week user) he said it “could have been pulled over a wee stone”

Not very happy with the customer service or their products and also will not be buying anymore from them.
Especially since my original Karcher 15m hose has lasted over 5 years and I just wanted a longer one

Unfortunate mate - take it to a local hydraulic place cut the damaged piece out and join it?

I have mine from CleanTec for the past 2 years and its still as good as new. Used appro. 2 - 3 times a week and most times 3 cars at a time.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Unfortunate mate - take it to a local hydraulic place cut the damaged piece out and join it?

I have mine from CleanTec for the past 2 years and its still as good as new. Used appro. 2 - 3 times a week and most times 3 cars at a time.

Just where the split is there’s a small bulge, have sent an email to them politely asking for a replacement ,
It was never “dragged over stones” and always rolled up after use etc- for a “heavy duty” wire-bound hose id not expect it to split with normal use in a few months...

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Have my 10m one the guts of 6 years and it's still 100%. Are you running through all the water the after each use? Could have split with the frost?

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Have my 10m one the guts of 6 years and it's still 100%. Are you running through all the water the after each use? Could have split with the frost?

Yea been doing that, always roll it up and hang up in shed after too.

After emailing them they said they will repair it but will have to pay the cost, suppose still cheaper than new 30m one

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
That hose above looks like a cheaper glossy rubber one. The ones I’ve had from cleantec almost have like a felt sheathing over it with writing over it. Tbh you’d be hard pushed to cut it with a knife tbh. Mine gets dragged over a jagged brick wall and it’s still perfect. Used 3-4 times a week.
something not right there, maybe they sent you a cheap one instead of the one you
thought you got?
anyways ****ty customer service from @Cleantec

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
That hose above looks like a cheaper glossy rubber one. The ones I’ve had from cleantec almost have like a felt sheathing over it with writing over it. Tbh you’d be hard pushed to cut it with a knife tbh. Mine gets dragged over a jagged brick wall and it’s still perfect. Used 3-4 times a week.
something not right there, maybe they sent you a cheap one instead of the one you
thought you got?
anyways ****ty customer service from @Cleantec

Yea it’s suooosed to be heavy duty, sold as more so than standard Karcher hose etc...

So to be told it’s been dragged over a stone to cut a 1cm split is strange.

This 30m one certainly wasn’t cheap tho lol
Looks like will be a long drive to Omagh and wait on it being repaired somehow.
@Snoopcousins does yours have that felt type wrapping on it? That’s mine from cleantec.

View attachment 323240

No mine is basically just black ....no writing

2B6356D4-C017-4B2A-B5B7-336ADC38BB11.jpeg

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I know nothing about hoses and repairs - if I can be pointed to somewhere closer to Belfast ?
If your near mallusk beside nk coatings on trench road there is hydraulic place. Used to be power plant hoses maybe a1 hoses now

Made me anything for my car brake hoses and pipes etc and do pressure washer fittings etc. Should fix while you wait to

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
I bought a K3 there, whats the craic with the hard plasticy hose on them? Its meant to be 6m but its so coiled up you get about 2m and if I try to pull it to straighten it out it just drags the washer across the ground. Seems like cheap dirt, not sure I could be dealing with that for too long

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I bought a K3 there, whats the craic with the hard plasticy hose on them? Its meant to be 6m but its so coiled up you get about 2m and if I try to pull it to straighten it out it just drags the washer across the ground. Seems like cheap dirt, not sure I could be dealing with that for too long

Swap it out for a decent steel braided one from the likes of Cleantec in Omagh. Might cost you £40/50 but you won't regret it. I put a 15m Cleantec one on my Nilfisk and it's a great improvement, never kinks, rarely even twists and the extra length means it's easier to wash the car.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3

I wouldn’t touch Cleantec tbh but that’s just imo…

These hoses are supposed to be amazing and way more flexible …and more reasonably priced

mx5 turbo

RMS Regular
Drives
it hard
Cheers fellas, the rubber ones look alot better. Can't believe they provide the plastic one but then the washer was only £89 so I suppose you can't expect a 40 quid hose on it

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I sold my Karcher K5 after 8 years service and bought an AVA P60 from @Big Pimp

The Karcher was fine but the terrible hose that kinked all the time whether reeling it in or out used to annoy me so much I didn't use the power washer sometimes when I should have. Then when the hose kinked I got pissed with it and pulled the washer, then it fell over :laughing:

The AVA is a brute weight wise, I think its twice the weight of the K5, the hose is brilliant having swivel points at both ends so even if it does kink which is rare, you can spin it at the fitting and it doesn't fall over due to the case design that goes forward and keeps it stable, also when you are pulling the hose out it has a pivoting reel to allow it to reel out easily. The power and performance spec is the same as the K5 but the design features like the lance holder on the top, cable reel and nozzle storage locations on the top just make it all better.

Overall the whole design of the washer make it more user friendly except if you have to lift it!

Lee

RMS Regular
After about 15 years service my old Karcher K5.80 has decided not to work. Gutted. It's a good going washer with plenty of power. I'm wondering if it would be a simple fix or if its worth even getting it looked at. Checked simple things like the fuse and switch.

So I'm possibly on the lookout now for a replacement. Obvious choice is just a new K5, watching for a good deal. Had a look at the AVA washers online, I can't really make head nor tail of the differences in the range? Apart from the ratings obviously.

Lee

RMS Regular
@Lee I'm sure @Big Pimp can help with your issue re the AVA range.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much or being a dum dum. Cheapest new price I can find on a K5 at the moment is £260 which isn't bad. I don't know if any of the AVA range compete with it for the money.