Sold as Seen Podcast Ep 5 - One Night In Yaris: Crap Cars, Near Misses and Kias

•   
See the blog feature on this - We're now on Episode 5 of Sold as Seen Podcast, and this show sees us together in real life for the first time, thanks to Pete at PMG for providing the recording venue.

We talk about Andy's GR Yaris, we speak to Gethin from GTI NI about the Euro Treffen show in Larne, talk the Rimac Nevera, chat to Pete Gilchrist and answer forum member questions. Badly.

Listen On: Spotify Apple Podcasts Google Podcasts Soundcloud Acast YouTube RSS Feed or just ask Siri or Alexa to Play Sold as Seen Podcast

Check out Craig's flowery box:

1624398408511.png

Show Notes

PMG AutoCare: Login • Instagram

NEC Classic Car Show - Welcome

Andy's Yaris finally collected:

1624398422285.png

.... and drives a Ferrari for the first time. The 800bhp 812 Superfast, pictured below.

1624398430545.png

....and on the same day he collected his GR Yaris, was out in his GT4 at Bishopscourt on a track day. To complete the triumvirate of hate.

1624398436442.png

EuroTreffen - 3rd July 2021 in Larne

1624398441680.png

The $550k Fast and the Furious Supra Auctioned:

1624398446999.png

We discuss @Fabia_Paul on the forum and his antipodean purchase of an i30N.

1624398462635.png

Chris Harris Interview with Robert Reid, Richard Burns Co-Driver

SF90 vs Rimac Nevera

Johnny Smith's Late Brake Show Interview with Mate Rimac

Kia EV6 GT

1624398494659.png

Craig's £3k Suggestion - the Spoiler-less Mk1 TT

1624398506329.png

Honda Accord Cog Advert

Honda - The Cog

Star - BMW Films with the E39 M5

BMW Films - Star - HD - High Quality

Ford Puma / Steve McQueen

Ford Puma Advert with Steve Mcqueen

Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Last edited:

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
some info on the F&F Supra:

Also it was an auto with a manual stick
That is horrendous. Not double clutching like you should, aye in full waft mode.
Also @Lyons gets a mention with his catalytic converter escapades in this show.
Was much more fun recording in person, rather than having the zoom delay.
'Twas!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Lies. It was not an auto. I heard them change gear 74 times in every scene.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I too am a combustion engine dinosaur and I don’t give a flying f***!

Admittedly I haven’t driven an EV yet, but have(n’t) heard them drive past me and it just doesn’t sound right.

Another decent listen though, well done guys.

pablo

RMS Moderator
In today’s driving world feeling like you’re going fast is safer for your health and license than actually going fast.

so ice still has it covered that way imo

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Another great episode although it came through very quiet on both adcast and spotify for me.

Intresting discussion about getting the younger people onto the forums I have no great ideas unfortunatly, I always thought myself to be in the younger side of this forum.. but I just turned 33 today so im not even sure if thats true anymore lol.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Another great episode although it came through very quiet on both adcast and spotify for me.

Intresting discussion about getting the younger people onto the forums I have no great ideas unfortunatly, I always thought myself to be in the younger side of this forum.. but I just turned 33 today so im not even sure if thats true anymore lol.
If you ever work with apprentices you'll realise you're not young anywhere nevermind this forum 😂

I recommend RMS to everyone as I'm a huge advocate for forums but the young ones don't give a **** about it if it's not a FB group.

I'm 25pages deep in a build thread from 2008 😂

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
If you ever work with apprentices you'll realise you're not young anywhere nevermind this forum 😂

I recommend RMS to everyone as I'm a huge advocate for forums but the young ones don't give a **** about it if it's not a FB group.

I'm 25pages deep in a build thread from 2008 😂
I should say our latest show should come with a warning, especially to yourself and Lee as I was very casually disparaging to some vehicles that I know yourself and Lee love. To say I'm off the Christmas card list is an understatement, and I expect a flurry of Pork/Yaris bashing on the next Reload Podcast!

Have you ever had a conversation with a young person now? I feel young until I talk to them and it’s like someone from a different planet 😂 makes me feel very old
Old Has Beens rather than Sold as Seen!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Really enjoyed it again lads. You could detect the better banter and atmosphere with you all being present rather than over zoom.
Sound levels were slightly up and down with me turning the volume up to listen and then nearly having my ears burst when you all took a fit of tbe giggles.

and the @Lyons and the catalytic converters getting an honorary mention was great fun too

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I should say our latest show should come with a warning, especially to yourself and Lee as I was very casually disparaging to some vehicles that I know yourself and Lee love. To say I'm off the Christmas card list is an understatement, and I expect a flurry of Pork/Yaris bashing on the next Reload Podcast!

Old Has Beens rather than Sold as Seen!
If I hear disparaging remarks about my beloved VR6s I'll drive slowly, noisily and expensively up there 😂

I like the Yaris and Nigel would fall out with me if I admitted i dont like Porsches lol

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
The A2 Aces scooter club used to (maybe still do, it's been at Glynn Rugby club also) hold their rally at the Blue Circle.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Another great listen, and I too had a 200SX try to kill me.

Bought one and landed it up to Richard Bradley straight away, lifted it again with his stage 2 tune, standard suspension, brakes etc and cheap remould tyres on the back. M1 extension hadn't been built at that stage, and got stuck behind a lorry on single carriageway, so dropped to 4th at start of dual to pass, and it went sideways without warning at a little bit over the speed limit. Like @big_pete it was luck and not skill got it straightened it again. Quickly realised that if there was even damp in the air, you needed 300% concentration, really wasn't a car for commute to work etc.

Last edited:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Good show! .. I quite enjoy the forum talk. Your right about there being a certain familiarity in here. Unlike other forums, it feels like you know some people that you've never met. I've posted on other forums over the years and just can't get into them at all. Any time I use another forum it's more than likely I'm looking for information about a specific car I have at that time. Other than that I dont bother, but I'm usually on here every day.

So much talk about squeaky bum times out in the Silvias... looking forward to getting to drive my new Silvia now..😬 lol

Crxpete

RMS Regular
Drives
R55 MCS, SQ5
Great listen, I had it playing in the car this morning on sound cloud - sound/volume was grand

Years ago I missed the boat on the Facebook thing and just haven’t bothered with it….I’m not that massively active on here or know faces of many members but to me it is a “safe, knowledgeable place” (if that makes sense) where most members have many things in common.

The younger generation maybe don’t know about “forums” as such as they have been brought in to a massive digital, fast communicating, instant access era…. Would a RMS FB page with interesting/eye catching posts promoting the forum attract the younger generation, even to the point where the Sunday Bangor scene makes a modest regular comeback?

Maybe one of these young generation “influencers” needs introduced to help 🤣

Although to be fair in a few years long gone will be the VTECcccccc on the limiter leaving the car park and it would be more of a wooossshhh of an EV 😑

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
I cannot list every model of Kia! I can list A LOT of them.

I keep talking about them offline as well, my wife is considering divorce.