Fake Taxi

TAZ6416

RMS Regular
Drives
Eunos Roadster
Some of you will know my car history and think "what the hell?" as it's the last car you think I would buy.

It's a 2007 Kia Magentis.

IMG_20210625_173522 (1).jpg
IMG_20210625_173536 (1).jpg
IMG_20210625_173551.jpg
IMG_20210625_173558 (1).jpg

So with my car getting restored, the plan was to buy a cheap sub £2000 car to drive while this was happening, and over the winter when I SORN it. I wanted a cheap little coupe, and found a nice Volvo C30 that ticked all the boxes. But then my wife bought a JCW Mini which completely buggered up my plans.

So needed something bigger, but most sub-£2000 big cars out there were rough 200000 Mileage cars.

Had a moan on Twitter and luckily a friend of mine saw this and said he had this car, only 70000 miles which is nothing for a 2007 Diesel.

So bought it from him, and so far so good. Not the prettiest car in the world, but very comfy and big. And rare, only 200 left in the UK, but I think that's because nobody bought the things brand new :grinning:

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Looks grand, H2D. are the headlights yellowed? clean them up and nothing else needed IMO if it is just a runaround until yours is sorted

TAZ6416

RMS Regular
OP
TAZ6416
Drives
Eunos Roadster
Looks grand, H2D. are the headlights yellowed? clean them up and nothing else needed IMO if it is just a runaround until yours is sorted

Aye they were, photos are a few weeks old, but when I was in getting it washed I mentioned it to the valeter if he had any recommendations for me how to sort them and he sanded them down for me for just an extra £5.

I also have replaced the worn centre caps off eBay for £8 and I have some lose trim on a rear door because of a missing screw, which is coming from Korea via Kia UK for only £1.82

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
Lol you just need to take a cheeky pic in the courtyard around the fountain with it now for the craic.. #KDMstance lol ;)

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Not the thread I was expecting to read going by the title after this week's events. Sets down swizzle.

Anyway, HTD, absolutely impossible to get a 'cheap runaround' with the crazy second hand market at the moment. Kia weren't exactly in their prime back nearly 15 years ago but no doubt you'll keep us apprised of how you get on.