good foam gun - affordable gilmour alternative

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Well, ive seen this talked about on numerous forums mainly detailing world and i have never seen anything but great things said about it. Seems like a good alternative to the gilmour which is awful expensive. Sure, it doesnt make quite as much foam as the gilmour but for a safe wash its plenty.

Plus its only £8.95! Ive ordered mine so ill report back when i get it and tell you what its like, but if you go to detailing world people have already posted reports and pics. Theres videos on the superspray site too.
www.superspray.co.uk

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Bought 1, and bined it in 10mins... Sprays foam everwhere... The car got cover, I got covered, my Dog ( George ) got covered... It also doesn't put enough foam on the car, just not strong enough... Buy a Gilmour, you won't look back....

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looks pretty much like the spray coverage I get with my Flash car wash job which included 2 bottles of shampoo and 2 water de-ionisers for £5. (semi-chem)

Does an alright job but still need a bucket of soapy water nearby...

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
how much is a gilmour? does it work well with low pressure water?

the pressure at my house is shocking - i use the pressure washer all the time!

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
Yeah, but the gilmour is like 50 quid :p.

I dunno, i was on a load of forums where people were talkin about this theres numerous threads about it on detailing world and i was readin about it on some toyota forums too, and it really was getting rave reviews from everyone that had bought it (which was pretty much everyone on detailing world). The first and only person ive heard say a bad word about it is Amos there.

I thought id give it a go cos i dont really need a foam gun so cant justify spendin 50 notes on a gilmour, but at the price of it if its any good then its a good deal, and if its not then fck it lol. Im sure it doesnt make as much foam as a gilmour lol but who needs that much foam ffs

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
got my gilmour yesterday.

does the job but was expecting more for the price really.

do u guys mix the snow foam or put it in pure? what setting do u's use? a,b,c,d,e?

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
well i got my superspray yesterday its some job, it doesnt make mad amounts of foam like a gilmour but it makes plenty of suds for washin the car. As long as you use some good shampoo your flying, and you dont need to have a bucket of soapy water nearby just a rinse bucket. chris you use a bit of shampoo topped up with water.

Christopher

RMS Regular
Drives
Skyline GTR
thanks boss. was wondering cos at the rate i'd have been working the whole bottle of snow foam would have lasted 2 washes max!

Racquel

Drives
CITROEN C2 VTR
Get some DW Snow Storm or Auto rae-chem Snow Foam from Elite Car Care, Clean & Shiny or direct from Auto Rae-chem in Yorkshire. Her deals are pretty good.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Get some DW Snow Storm or Auto rae-chem Snow Foam from Elite Car Care, Clean & Shiny or direct from Auto Rae-chem in Yorkshire. Her deals are pretty good.

why not just say.. i sell this product?
much easier than saing Auto Rae-chem :grinning:

Marc

RMS Moderator
Wasn't sure if I was allowed on some forums as soon as you do that your banned

check out the Trade section :grinning:

you can advertise in there, its much prefered than adding a post to all the threads in the car care forum.

It does not cost to advertise in the Trade section :grinning:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
can you add these accessories onto power washers?

as i said above - the water pressure at my house is shockingly bad - or would it be enought to just stick it on my hose?? :confounded: (sounds rude)

forde

RMS Regular
OP
F
Drives
Vectra SRi
Well, i have shocking water pressure too and the superspray works very well.

I have now got a gilmour too, but only because i won £50 on the lottery and decided to try a gilmour. Had i not been gifted the money i wouldnt have bought a gilmour due to the price. And to be honest the superspray was good enough, the gilmour is certainly a bit better, but not £40 better. The gilmour works well at my house too as in it produces a lot of foam, it just doesnt squirt the foam a huge distance lol.

I wouldnt add either to a power washer lol.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.