Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Checked your spam folder? You've also to tick a box for email of the appointment confirmation otherwise it's posted out by default.

eamon343

RMS Regular
Checked your spam folder? You've also to tick a box for email of the appointment confirmation otherwise it's posted out by default.

You'd think it would be the other way round, email by default and have to tick for it to be posted. But sure, its only 2021

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Got a letter for that last few bookings this year as well as the email. Should hopefully get the letter this week then.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's always been that you can only get a time a month or two out the first time booking. Just sounds like everything is back to normal and everyone called back in again.

You then need to get on again to pick up a cancellation. Basically just sit on the rebooking page and refresh the page every now and then throughout the day. Something always pops up within a day or two of trying.

You can also repeat as many times as you want. So pick the first cancellation that comes up even if it's still some way out. Then repeat to find a closer one, and so on.

Haven't tried the new system, didn't even know there was one, lol. But it will be the same process underneath, just some new consultant moving things around.

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
just checked the daughters car on the car tax check and it says mot expired but it passed on Thursday night 🙈

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Web site probably just not updated yet. As long as you have the certificate you are good.

Also the tax check site can show different results from the MoT one 🙈

Bryan

RMS Regular
Well nearly a week since the portal went live and I still haven't been able to get a date. My car doesn't exist online, they don't answer the phone and don't respond to emails. Getting very frustrating.

Lee

RMS Regular
Remember when you could technically get 13 months MOT. MOT it up to a month before expiry. I MOT'd the bike a week before expiry there but the new expiry is the same date exactly a year on from the date of test.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I got mine booked for December yesterday so it seems to be letting you book a long time ahead
There used to be a limit that you could only book with less than a month left? It would still give you a time months out, just wouldn't accept bookings if you had more than a month left?

Or maybe that was tax, lol, so many random rules it's hard to keep up 😅 🙈

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm nearly sure when I tried logging in with my pickup details (to see if anything actually worked) it said you could only book within 3 months of the expiry of your current certificate.

111gsi

RMS Regular
Remember when you could technically get 13 months MOT. MOT it up to a month before expiry. I MOT'd the bike a week before expiry there but the new expiry is the same date exactly a year on from the date of test.
Hopefully this is a one off because everyone is on their third extension and it's been 2 years since the vehicles have been tested. If it's a change of policy it'll be a right pain in future. I normally book 3 weeks ahead of expiry.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Hopefully this is a one off because everyone is on their third extension and it's been 2 years since the vehicles have been tested. If it's a change of policy it'll be a right pain in future. I normally book 3 weeks ahead of expiry.
I motd my car 3 weeks before the due date in February and kept the original date plus a year.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Well nearly a week since the portal went live and I still haven't been able to get a date. My car doesn't exist online, they don't answer the phone and don't respond to emails. Getting very frustrating.
Send an email to this address
Private.Office@infrastructure-ni.gov.uk

I was requested to use that address previously after emailing useless Mallon directly over a problem with MOT's in January 2020.

Lee

RMS Regular

Not sure. It's the bikes first MOT this side of the water if that makes a difference.

jd_96

RMS Member
I've an old 06 Superb due its test in January. Last owner overfilled the oil by near 2 litres and melted the cat. The cats out and a pipe welded in place. Any idea if that's a fail on an 06 diesel? Rare 2.0 TDI BSS so next to impossible to find a replacement and I don't want the hassle of it failing then having to wait weeks for a retest.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I heard yesterday that the MOT centre tender has been won by a different company. They are therefore going to be closing them all to install a new computer system.

Also, Maha who just installed all the new lifts are now potentially going to have them all removed if they don't come to an agreement with the new management company.

You couldn't make it up.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
black and white vintage GIF by Okkult Motion Pictures

111gsi

RMS Regular
Not sure. It's the bikes first MOT this side of the water if that makes a difference.
Oh that's always been the case, you never get the extra from an old GB MoT on a new NI MoT. I expect it works the same the other way around as well because the DVA and VOSA systems don't talk to each other.