RMS Regular
Drives
Focus st
IMG20211005082823.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
There is a guy off the Newtownards Road up the street opposite Olivers restaurant that has 5/6 or more sciroccos and mk3 golfs parked up - always drive by slowly to see whats going on with them lol

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
There is a guy off the Newtownards Road up the street opposite Olivers restaurant that has 5/6 or more sciroccos and mk3 golfs parked up - always drive by slowly to see whats going on with them lol
I know the house your talking about, I’m the same lol

Gambit

RMS Regular

16v sciroccos at that! Very rarely see local 16v conversions

I often dander past with the dog for a nosey also 🤣

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Yip..see him parked up at the Leisure Centre.

Seen this little Fiesta in Comber, never seems to leave the driveway.

Think the auld biy with the corrado has a mk4 golf cabrio in green as well. A mates patents used to have a fiesta like that in maroon 👍

eamon343

RMS Regular

Hes had the blue 16v for a long time, daily drives it i believe. Met him a few times back in the day, nice guy

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Is that a Citroen SM? Very desirable car.
Maeseratti engined weren't they, rare beast and worth a clean fortune! Wouldn't like to be driving one in rain in that traffic.
Think the auld biy with the corrado has a mk4 golf cabrio in green as well. A mates patents used to have a fiesta like that in maroon 👍
Yep that's him, really nice chap, would know him from shows etc.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Seen a wee reliant 4wheel van Coleraine anyone know it?

fj1200aa

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat
That SM is doing the rounds of East Antrim over the last few months, would have been ultra rare and exotic back in the day ( early 70's)
To see it now is like a Spaceship from the 60's has landed. Amazing!!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Had a quick look at car & classics, they're advertised for anything between 30-70k for one that's not a spare parts bin.

Citroën owned Maserati at the time, and the engines were indeed made by Maserati. They were made for Citroën though, and not actually all that powerful. Not like they plonked a Merak engine or something in the SM.

Still had decent performance. Somewhere between a big contemporary German saloon, and a big engined yank.

They were a rare space ship already back then. Still are. That says a lot about French design at the time.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Had a quick look at car & classics, they're advertised for anything between 30-70k for one that's not a spare parts bin.

Citroën owned Maserati at the time, and the engines were indeed made by Maserati. They were made for Citroën though, and not actually all that powerful. Not like they plonked a Merak engine or something in the SM.

Still had decent performance. Somewhere between a big contemporary German saloon, and a big engined yank.

They were a rare space ship already back then. Still are. That says a lot about French design at the time.
French stuff was way ahead of the times then. I'd love a SM, DS and early CX over the German equivalents!