Track project: 2006 R53 Mini Cooper S

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
I replaced the standard cooper s bullet alloys for td pro race 1.2s. There was some diference in the weight of them
Standards weighed significantly more. 1.2's can be picked up for handy enough money second hand. Get on mini torque if its still going. Alway a set on there

Neil_M

RMS Regular
@pablo fantastic choice sir!

I'll check out the garage to see what spares I have... Are some engine mounts of use to you? I filled the original ones with a sensible durometer polyurethane.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
@pablo fantastic choice sir!

I'll check out the garage to see what spares I have... Are some engine mounts of use to you? I filled the original ones with a sensible durometer polyurethane.
Wouldn’t say no! Be interested to get your opinion on how it drives given you have/had? one yourself

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Wouldn’t say no! Be interested to get your opinion on how it drives given you have/had? one yourself

Your's FOC. I'll be out in the garage later today, so I'll have a look at all the spares I have.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Regardless of current tyre situations etc, the Speedlines make more sense as the track wheels. Just a balls sorting the tyres out to suit :worried:

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Regardless of current tyre situations etc, the Speedlines make more sense as the track wheels. Just a balls sorting the tyres out to suit :worried:
110%. Might just bite the bullet.
I want to paint them bronze too will look great with big sticky tyres on them too

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
110%. Might just bite the bullet.
I want to paint them bronze too will look great with big sticky tyres on them too
3EC25606-E488-4939-86FE-79967B1E9E35.jpeg

Some inspiration

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
You are a hero when it comes to driveway tinkering.

Only seeing this thread now and I think it’s fantastic already

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Long gone unfortunately. The tyres were Federals and were superb in the dry but I thought I was going to die coming down the M2 hill section one day in torrential rain! Michael refurbed them in bronze for me. I think it was a Fiat colour from memory. Be in my R53 thread somewhere

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
little bit of painting, all going bronze:

wheels
rear hatch trim
wing mirror caps
bonnet scoop

painting has been fun, basecoat causing some reactions which isnt fun but Ill get there. wheels were very bad with big chips out of the paint so the filler had to come out. no actual damage though which was nice.

still need to laquer everything which is usually where it all goes wrong

2021-10-03 10.27.45.jpg
2021-10-05 20.38.59.jpg
2021-10-06 21.15.30.jpg
2021-10-06 21.15.34.jpg

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
new diverter valve fitted to see it helps with the fluttery boost. Dont think its a slipping belt as its only on part throttle, full beans seems ok

View attachment 337578
Did the diverter valve cure the issues? If not check the very fine vac pipe that runs from centre of fuel rail over to the vac pipe located at the bend of the drivers side intercooler horn. Its easy to see with intercooler removed. Check its located ok and the rubber ends/elbow is not cracked and perished

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
It’s doesn’t seem to be doing it any more which is cool. Have only done a couple of miles in it though.

johnm

RMS Regular
No way that was in the budget you had in your wanted post lol if it is fair play looks like a cracker, same colour as mine too.
I love mine they are so much fun round the twistys and go pretty well in a straight line too.
View attachment 336510
I've a four branch and 18% pulley to go on and mod the airbox for the k&n cone filter, it already had a bigger intercooler but I fitted a not so hobo air diverter made a massive difference it also had a cat back and bilsteins with tein spring, I'm not going too mad with it just a bit of fun while my r33 is away getting a respray.

What recaro's are they in it?

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
I've the same quandary as yourself at the moment.

The Turini alloys on the car re perfect for track, but I'd like slicks or semi slicks on them, and then a cheaper set of alloys with the current road tyres on them!

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
I've the same quandary as yourself at the moment.

The Turini alloys on the car re perfect for track, but I'd like slicks or semi slicks on them, and then a cheaper set of alloys with the current road tyres on them!
Swapping tyres is a bloody fortune now too.