Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So you’re keeping it then…

I’ve only ever sold one car private. I don’t think I could handle it 😂
At this rate I think I will be. I’m getting auld and grumpy and have no patience for it any more.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
At this rate I think I will be. I’m getting auld and grumpy and have no patience for it any more.

I had my experience of gumtree with the Range Rover breaking and you need some patience!! Keep it and enjoy it for a while (or 2 months)

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
I advertised the the Touareg had 8 messages with various offers
1st guy out to view handed me asking price and drove off without test drive lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I advertised the the Touareg had 8 messages with various offers
1st guy out to view handed me asking price and drove off without test drive lol
Must’ve been too cheap lol.

I’ve had two people whom I thought were serious, neither has turned up.

Another guy who again seems serious and is offering a Toyota Auris as a swap……

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Which of you b@llb@gs is this? 😂😂
A85B7614-B1C4-4F0F-B58E-F7E2AD3D60EE.png

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I’m going to take the ad down as I can’t be bothered with the bull$hįtt3rz!

So with that in mind I set about doing a few wee silly tidying jobs around the car. First up was the head unit and the facia.

Before:

69B67F63-9666-405A-B28B-F48AA27B4E25.jpeg

And after:

6CC42975-6FBA-4728-B8EF-DB3EF97C1DF0.jpeg

I replaced the head unit with a more modern Pioneer SPH20DAB unit that I had bought for the E46 but never fitted and obviously got new facia blanks.

Whilst I was looking for the OBD port which is located beside the rear ashtray, I found the missing top of the cigarette lighter.

FE092150-6719-463D-A607-57F11F0937C3.jpeg

Oh and I removed those loose fuse that were in the wee storage bit lol.

There were a few fault codes stored, mainly due to the evry mod (that I’ve removed) that one of the previous owners had fitted.

The next one is a bit curious. The car had a slightly spongy brake pedal but upon bleeding the brakes there was never any improvement. One of the codes stored was “brake pedal position status monitoring”? Curious because the bake lights worked fine and the only other possible symptom was the spongy pedal.

Low and behold after deleting these codes the brake pedal was nice and firm!

I took the car a good blast up the A8 and no new codes appeared thankfully.

No pics but I also replaced the dead horn.

At the risk of sounding like I’m blowing my own trumpet, the wee car is coming together nicely and is improving each time I do a job.

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Oh, I forgot to ask, does anyone have VCDS and is handy around it? I need to see if they can detect the central locking pump/module and see if they can code or activate it.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I’ve now replaced the rear speakers in the car as well. So that’s a full set of JVC DRV range speakers in her.

Still lacks a bit of bass but I do have a sub there that I can put in. Might have to cut the “ski” hatch section out of the rear bulkhead to allow the bass to enter into the cabin.

Next up is wheels and tyres.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I’ve now replaced the rear speakers in the car as well. So that’s a full set of JVC DRV range speakers in her.

Still lacks a bit of bass but I do have a sub there that I can put in. Might have to cut the “ski” hatch section out of the rear bulkhead to allow the bass to enter into the cabin.

Next up is wheels and tyres.
Had that problem years back with my purple A4, if you've the armrest like I had, we took a hole cutter and made 2 nice big holes in the steel and body glued 2 sub box ports into the holes. Almost looked professional.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Definitely is! I need to get a mic and a dab aerial for it, but all in good time.
I have the non DAB version, great wee unit. the 10 instead of 20 I think

There is a surprising amount of sound adjustment settings you can do through the app. You can also change the unit led colours to match those in your car.

I don't use the built in holder though as it my air vents blow into the back of my phone 🙃

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There’s a soku something or other sound option which makes things much better. It took me forever to tune it properly but once I did it’s great tbh.