Top gear

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Mad having the bike that caused his injury in the front hall as well, but that's maybe just his way of dealing with it. Sad story either way.

Yea I guess that might actually go some way to show that he’s ok with it all.

I used the segment to try and drive home a message to my stubborn 14yr old who refuses to wear a helmet on his push bike!

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Just because he can't do it himself any more doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy the scene or appreciate people making a tribute to him. He seemed happy enough. I'm sure it was all checked out up front.

Yea that’s what I thought! Can’t imagine they forced him

His family were all for it and they seemed to be able to communicate well enough with him ..

Really enjoyed it,
Actually thought Paddy was better in the episode about Fathers cars but maybe his style suited this to distract from being

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I will admit, I had never heard of Eddie before surprisingly! It hit the feels for sure anyway!

Great first episode, love the banter between the 3 of them, lets hope the rest of them are as good or better!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Mad having the bike that caused his injury in the front hall as well, but that's maybe just his way of dealing with it. Sad story either way.

A friend of mines favourite tool in his garage is a screwdriver he formed a small kink in at the tip.

The same screwdriver caused him to loose one eye years ago as it skidded while replacing a window seal he was poking at. Lol.

Top gear related, good show was first I watched in long time.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
What did we think about Chris Harris only being a second off Lando Norris? Pretty impressive I thought.

Truthfully I was expecting him to beat it. He has a lot more experience in road cars. Lando looked a bit more panicked than Harris behind the wheel but it just shows he has some natural ability.

The bit with Eddie was a hard watch. I knew he had a bad crash and I'd actually seen the footage before so I was fully expecting him to be the way he is but I really didn't want to see it. Paddy handled him unbelievably well, fair play to him. I wouldn't have knew where to put myself. All the bikes passing him was just the saddest thing I've seen on TV in years.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Just picked up on a Tweet from Eddie Kidd thanking TopGear and Paddy McGuinees for the episode on Sunday evening. Described as a “wicked episode that highlighted his career”…… Maybe too quick too “judge” the show in my previous reply on this thread, and definitely open minded enough to admit same!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Great episode and I enjoyed the Eddie Kidd piece, I was actually crying. I remember him when he first started and if a jump was being shown on TV how everyone watched it.
Very sad to see how badly injured he was.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Just picked up on a Tweet from Eddie Kidd thanking TopGear and Paddy McGuinees for the episode on Sunday evening. Described as a “wicked episode that highlighted his career”…… Maybe too quick too “judge” the show in my previous reply on this thread, and definitely open minded enough to admit same!

Your first comment wouldn't have been out of place if it was filmed a year later so I get where you're coming from. I guess after 25 years he's had some time to process it and is just trying to enjoy life to the best of his abilities as he's came to terms with the fact there's no going back.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Good to see Paddy getting a bit of love, like most I find him pretty annoying but I don't think it would really work without him, he seems very good at relaxing people and getting the craic out of them.

KevM

RMS Regular
You could still see in Eddies eyes, that he's still sharp enough and probably enjoyed the normal banter. He completely broke Terry at the end

I have to say, I didn't really know too much about what happened to him, but honestly thought 100%, that the third record jump against Knievel was going to be the turning point of the lead-in story. How he landed that, was astonishing!!

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Enjoyed the Eddi Kidd piece.
I went to see him once at Shamrock Park in Portadown doing a jump. Still have the programme somewhere.
And someone once took my wind-up Evel Knievel bike to the charity shop, which I'm still not happy about.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They're not at the circuit. They're in some housing place in Birmingham or something still, the Covid "outdoors" setting. Don't know if they still have the old studio.

Might not have a Stig on the payroll any more?

I think the "power laps" have kind of had their day anyway. Conditions vary so much the numbers can rarely be compared any more. Plus like 'Ring times manufacturers have been known to send specially prepared cars for those "power laps". Especially at the higher end.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Enjoyed that episode, especially paddy getting run over by the ball. The Polestar looked like an excellent piece of kit but I wasn't keen on the Merc. That trailer tent was some job!