Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86

No idea of validity of true cause but from reading comments on various threads and seeing video the Tesla hit a speed bump hard, smacked the battery underneath which then exploded.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I mean if that was part of your hazard perception test you would have been clicking like a madman as soon as the car was even thinking of turning into the chevrons. I think that accident could have been avoided if the lorry anticipated that and was able to scrub off some speed in advance. But very much the cars fault.

Accident could also have been avoided if the car driver was not a total spastic. It also cannot be their first incident of dangerous driving, there has to be a string of dangers under their belt too.
As said, the car driver needs jail time.

No idea of validity of true cause but from reading comments on various threads and seeing video the Tesla hit a speed bump hard, smacked the battery underneath which then exploded.

Can't exactly see much other than "not for broadcast"

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Can't exactly see much other than "not for broadcast

From a Florida news paper this was the junction.
Wasn't a speed bump but can see the Tesla lifting after going over yump at junction then grounding after. Either that done the damage or caused the driver to loss control and into a tree. Either way battery went to fireball in a way quicker than you'd want.

Screenshot_20210917_215314_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Accident could also have been avoided if the car driver was not a total spastic. It also cannot be their first incident of dangerous driving, there has to be a string of dangers under their belt too.
As said, the car driver needs jail time.

Can't exactly see much other than "not for broadcast"

Completely agree with what your saying, she is 100% at fault. The lorry should have been driving defensively too, as much as he is in the right you can't just plough on full speed when there is a high probability that the driver will act dangerousoy based on her current behaviour.

Everyone should cycle or ride a motorbike on the road to appreciate how vulnerable you really are. I actually find watching dash cam compilations is good to highlight just how stupid drivers can be, I'm constantly surprised.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Completely agree with what your saying, she is 100% at fault. The lorry should have been driving defensively too, as much as he is in the right you can't just plough on full speed when there is a high probability that the driver will act dangerousoy based on her current behaviour.

Everyone should cycle or ride a motorbike on the road to appreciate how vulnerable you really are. I actually find watching dash cam compilations is good to highlight just how stupid drivers can be, I'm constantly surprised.
I think the fact the guy is still on the horn when hes out of control says alot tbh, end result definitely appears avoidable.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I actually find watching dash cam compilations is good to highlight just how stupid drivers can be, I'm constantly surprised.

And many many cyclists, and also pedestrians.

The amount of pedestrians I've seen just walking across roads lately without even looking, heads glued into their phones is shocking. Just totally oblivious to the world around them

KevM

RMS Regular
And many many cyclists, and also pedestrians.

The amount of pedestrians I've seen just walking across roads lately without even looking, heads glued into their phones is shocking. Just totally oblivious to the world around them

But, its their 'right' to do so

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Mirrors just for show on this one - and just to note, i didnt see the indicator due to A-Pillar, only when watching back i saw it

Not an excuse for the move, but some might argue it's poor defensive driving. You could almost predict it, driving along behind, gaining ground and moving towards his blindspot.

thomas_lad

RMS Regular
Anytime I see dashcam footage I spend at least 95% of my viewing time on critically analysing the driving of dashcam owner :laughing:
'Trolling 101'
Not an excuse for the move, but some might argue it's poor defensive driving. You could almost predict it, driving along behind, gaining ground and moving towards his blindspot.
'Some' can go F8ck lol. i would have drove on past them although they were near into my lane

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
'Trolling 101'

'Some' can go F8ck lol. i would have drove on past them although they were near into my lane

Some counts for nothing, insurance will sort the some out 😂. He broke your line and if he hit you he was in the wrong.

Go watch the yanks dash cams and you'll see no one cares about the "some" they'll drive through a green light seeing another car cutting the red light and not even brake just let the car be hit and they get a clear cut claim. Hundreds of videos of it that could be avoided but aren't.

Hit the rounds over the weekend, it's down at kingscourt it happened. Car could of avoided but it'll fall to tractor at fault for breaking the white line.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford