The Land Rover/ Range Rover appreciation thread

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Join the "all new defenders owners group" on fb theres alot of people in the loop there, could be 3-4 months for most people supply chains are a mess. Id be realistic and if you really want one id be preparing for spring summer but who knows.
I’m definitely in the loop!

Reactions: Ged

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It looks like "careful customer management", drip feeding the delays... Think it's the same across the board though, not just LR...

Surely they can't reneg on your original order? I guess this situation is untested though... Would expect at least some sort of discount if they moved you on to something else?

It's a strange situation.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Ive never read this thread before lol Looking at a L322 possibly for myself soon, or a D4 to replace the defender as the daily.

So many mixed experiences with L322's but ours (Lpg 4.4 petrol BMW engine) has been a great car in the year and half and 15k miles or so we have had it, personally love the NA petrol V8's cause just less to go wrong and sound class, but there is no definitive best one to buy so id just look at anything with a good service history and not moon miles.

Keep an eye out for rust around the rear arches when you open the door, water leaking in from the rear in to the spare wheel well and fuse box compartments, Harrys garage has a really good video on them on YouTube.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Ive never read this thread before lol Looking at a L322 possibly for myself soon, or a D4 to replace the defender as the daily.

Join the "all new defenders owners group" on fb theres alot of people in the loop there, could be 3-4 months for most people supply chains are a mess. Id be realistic and if you really want one id be preparing for spring summer but who knows.

I have a 2010 L322 needing an engine I’m parting with

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
So many mixed experiences with L322's but ours (Lpg 4.4 petrol BMW engine) has been a great car in the year and half and 15k miles or so we have had it, personally love the NA petrol V8's cause just less to go wrong and sound class, but there is no definitive best one to buy so id just look at anything with a good service history and not moon miles.

Keep an eye out for rust around the rear arches when you open the door, water leaking in from the rear in to the spare wheel well and fuse box compartments, Harrys garage has a really good video on them on YouTube.
Yea I agree, although im no stranger to tearing them apart. Ill check out some more specifics on the L322s.

1635527385198.png

I have a 2010 L322 needing an engine I’m parting with
Sure PM me and let me know the details sure.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Any recommendations for someone to work on a discovery 3? Turbo needs replaced and I believe the shell needs lifted to do that.

JD.

RMS Regular
Anyone selling a L322 Rangey? My father-in-law is looking one just. Thanks.

redxl77

RMS Regular
Thinking about an L322. Probably a 2006 onwards petrol to supposedly spare the gearbox some grief. I'd really prefer a proper handbrake lever though as it would be used as a workhorse also and want that mechanical feel.

Looking at those on Autotrader, does anyone know if the prices are still 'inflated' (due to the used car shortage etc)? It's funny because the sort of buyer after a new car who'd then need to get a second hand vehicle due to the semiconductor shortage wouldn't exactly be looking for a noughties Range Rover, would they.. ^o)

Thanks

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's not just parts shortage for new cars. It's also general inflation from hundreds of billions in Covid support floating around, pent up demand, Brexit, etc. It's a perfect storm, across the board, not just cars.

For cars prices still seem up in general. Maybe slowed up a bit but don't really see any signs of anything dropping massively.

Think of it more as the new price level, rather than a temporary bubble.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Thinking about an L322. Probably a 2006 onwards petrol to supposedly spare the gearbox some grief. I'd really prefer a proper handbrake lever though as it would be used as a workhorse also and want that mechanical feel.

Looking at those on Autotrader, does anyone know if the prices are still 'inflated' (due to the used car shortage etc)? It's funny because the sort of buyer after a new car who'd then need to get a second hand vehicle due to the semiconductor shortage wouldn't exactly be looking for a noughties Range Rover, would they.. ^o)

Thanks

I wouldn't be without one. I only have a old TD6, but there's very little will beat them for comfort for the money.

Some of them are expensive, some are reasonable and some are cheap. It all depends on what engine and specification you want.

I will have a 4.4 TDV8 Westminster in the not too distant future and I'll be keeping my old one aswell I think.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
OP
Nickyyy
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Picking up a new car next week so the rangie is for sale for real this time, it honestly has been the best car I've owned so far and hasnt really given me much of any bother.

I need to get it through mot and then it will be up for humble money, 4 near new pirelli all season tyres on her and new brakes discs/pads on the front, so needs nothing other than the rust fixed hahah

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
lol Just a few more days, have arranged to collect at the beginning of the week. It’s sitting almost ready to go now
Brilliant! They look fantastic in real life, nice inside too without going all Chelsea.

That's a good colour.

Massive of course but that's a given :innocent: 😁