What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Can't really think of anything else that size that I like. S class maybe, but I know nothing about mercs
The big jag out of the running? never consider a big jeep? Thinking a Range Rover or facelifted Cayenne 4.8 (like @Coog has) or if looking for MPG a diesel, my dad had one years ago and it was very good on fuel tbf.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Can't really think of anything else that size that I like. S class maybe, but I know nothing about mercs
Toyota Century?

Or if you want slightly smaller, and likely to be really, really heart-breaking (or based on my ownership of one, disappointing and heart-breaking), Passat W8?

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
The big jag out of the running? never consider a big jeep? Thinking a Range Rover or facelifted Cayenne 4.8 (like @Coog has) or if looking for MPG a diesel, my dad had one years ago and it was very good on fuel tbf.
Yea Jags are out. Keep coming back to 7s. A Jeep would be nice, Cayennes are lovely but I'd like 30-35mpg in case working from home stops. @cauld1 cool suggestions but I'd like something a bit fresher. Been driving old stuff all my life

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Yea Jags are out. Keep coming back to 7s. A Jeep would be nice, Cayennes are lovely but I'd like 30-35mpg in case working from home stops. @cauld1 cool suggestions but I'd like something a bit fresher. Been driving old stuff all my life
tbf my dads diesel cayenne got near 40 regularly on his run from Portaferry to Belfast everyday but wouldn't have involved much stop start which would probs drop it a fair bit if you were.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Would a bi-turbo 3 litre derv A7 be in budget? They're a nice place to sit for a boring modern VAG car.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Would a bi-turbo 3 litre derv A7 be in budget? They're a nice place to sit for a boring modern VAG car.
Yeh they would be. A lot of that stuff I have never been in so I just write it off. Should really take some for test drives. Don't like driving anything at a dealer that I am not prepared to take home with me there and then though.

Gambit

RMS Regular
tbf my dads diesel cayenne got near 40 regularly on his run from Portaferry to Belfast everyday but wouldn't have involved much stop start which would probs drop it a fair bit if you were.
your dads wasnt a black one with aero kit on it was it? MFZ reg

we tried to buy one from down that direction back around Oct2020 but middle man who bought it wouldn't sell it on to us as it was a cracker he wanted to keep it himself

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
your dads wasnt a black one with aero kit on it was it? MFZ reg

we tried to buy one from down that direction back around Oct2020 but middle man who bought it wouldn't sell it on to us as it was a cracker he wanted to keep it himself
Was black but no wouldnt have been his he had it a long time ago now, they are lovely looking big tanks though. Only thing I’d change the Range Rover for.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Was black but no wouldnt have been his he had it a long time ago now, they are lovely looking big tanks though. Only thing I’d change the Range Rover for.
yeah it was for my sister who picked up nice 2014 carmine red one but the black MFZ one we missed was an absolute cracker and a steal, was about 5k under priced

Attachments

• 20220114_115600.jpg
    20220114_115600.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@Eddie_ going to see this today at 2, have you any advice what to look for mate?

From your experience with these would you recommend?

Fantastic car, I absolutely mine. If it where me I would hold out for one with the Akrapovic and Recaros at least (Ohlins would be a bonus!). Just would help when resale comes as those extras certainly make a difference.

My 265 Cup or 275 Cup-S didn’t give me an ounce of bother (around 6 years of ownership between the two). Have read that diff bearings can be an issue, lower balljoints and also that car will be due a timing belt this year (if I remember correctly) so use that to your advantage.

If you find that car isn’t for you keep an eye on Performance Only Cars stock as they get nice Meganes in or the RS Megane pages on Facebook.
@Eddie_ going to see this today at 2, have you any advice what to look for mate?

From your experience with these would you recommend?

Fantastic car, I absolutely mine. If it where me I would hold out for one with the Akrapovic and Recaros at least (Ohlins would be a bonus!). Just would help when resale comes as those extras certainly make a difference.

My 265 Cup or 275 Cup-S didn’t give me an ounce of bother (around 6 years of ownership between the two). Have read that diff bearings can be an issue, lower balljoints and also that car will be due a timing belt this year (if I remember correctly) so use that to your advantage.

If you find that car isn’t for you keep an eye on Performance Only Cars stock as they get nice Meganes in or the RS Megane pages on Facebook.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
There are some around that money! If your going to buy a luxobarge you might as well do it with some Italian flair 😎 plus pillarless doors, in a luxobarge, I wish I had an excuse for one myself 😂 damn tesla ruining all my car buying notions 😂
Lol looking them up now. They are amazing looking tbf

KIbby96

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra

Massively appreciate this.

Yeah the recarros are definitely something i would have preffered.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Nice looking car & decent value but I guess the price is driven by those miles

Bugs me the way SO many dealers can’t take the time to write even 1 description paragraph about the actual car but are happy to give hardback copies worth of back story about their business
I agree. That along with the dealers who won't even clean a car properly before advertising it (not vacuumed, dirty seats/dash, etc) really annoys me.

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
An A8 would be a much better choice. Even nicer interior, and air suspension.
My last and current cars both a8s.

After driving many cars over the years , I seem to have settled with the a8.

I am considering selling on the w12 which is lpged. The only thing stopping me is nothing to replace it in the market as everyone asking for stupid money for even Mundane ****eboxes. Another a8 ?