Perception Shift: Kia e-Niro EV

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this - As a petrolhead who has spent my life around motorsport my views of electric vehicles are blurred buy caustic fumes and I've yet to have a good EV experience. 

But that all changed in May of last year, when Kia sent me and e-Niro.

I am glad they did, too, as until this point the future was looking somewhat bleak when looking through my soot splattered camera lens.

Comfort, convenience, technology, handling, but most importantly for me, good honest range from this Korean five-door has changed my perception of the future, for the better. Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

dartagnan

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi Q7
I agree mostly with what you say but the ev makers need to sort the dampening on their suspensions. I use the E Kona which as you probably already know is the sister of the e Nero and whilst I think it’s a nice car the suspension isn’t great. It’s most definitely not worth the price though (which ev is?) and whilst peeps go on about running costs for EV’s they really need to take their rose tinted specs off coz that will change when it goes mainstream 😁😁

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
I agree mostly with what you say but the ev makers need to sort the dampening on their suspensions. I use the E Kona which as you probably already know is the sister of the e Nero and whilst I think it’s a nice car the suspension isn’t great. It’s most definitely not worth the price though (which ev is?) and whilst peeps go on about running costs for EV’s they really need to take their rose tinted specs off coz that will change when it goes mainstream 😁😁
This was one of the better handling EV's. Some of them just want to spit you through the nearest hedge.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
There seems to be a significant variation on how they handle their weight. The Kona I drove had GTE Astra type torque steer, yet the Ioniq 5 had none of that and was mostly composed, bar on bumpy B roads where it came undone. The very same situation where the Mach-E was a lot more at home. All two tonners.