New tyres needed

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Anything by a decent brand in the correct size. I'm assuming this is a family car so personally I'd be avoiding cheap Chinese tyres. It's the last 5% of performance that can make the difference between hitting something or not in an emergency.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Depends what you want, type of driving, environment etc etc

IMO far too much utter rubbish out there, at a minimum go for some sort of reputable brand name

I still can't fathom why any tyre company would call themselves Triangle !

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I put 4 Nankang AS2's on my CRV and don't really like them. I'd a full set of Uniroyals on it before and car never lost grip in the wet, but these Nankangs do. Only if I floor it though, not in 'normal' driving.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
If you can get them local I really Z tyre Z1 tyres excellent for the price better in the wet than the continentals they replaced. Maxxis are supposed to be good too never tried them. I had Imperial brand all seasons were good too can't say what the summer versions are like.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Depends what you want, type of driving, environment etc etc

IMO far too much utter rubbish out there, at a minimum go for some sort of reputable brand name

I still can't fathom why any tyre company would call themselves Triangle !

Triangle for the money were (might still be) great. I ran them for years. Always death traps for the first 500 mile and when you got close to the end they were crap. But knowing that they were brilliant. 33 a corner when I got them. We marked the barrels of the alloys got 47k from the rear and 22k on the front. Mostly long distance driving.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Triangle for the money were (might still be) great. I ran them for years. Always death traps for the first 500 mile and when you got close to the end they were crap. But knowing that they were brilliant. 33 a corner when I got them. We marked the barrels of the alloys got 47k from the rear and 22k on the front. Mostly long distance driving.
Triangle are owned by the company zenesis who make the Z1 tyre I like.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Maxxis all season on the daily and they are great for the price, chunky tread.

poul061

Banned
Drives
Bmw 1.8
Hello, I also recommend Maxxis tires, I have them for about 4 years and the tread is almost the same as it was at the beginning, but maybe because I do not do hundreds of kilometers a day, I do 5-10 km a day only

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Jumping on this thread - need to get 4xMichellin PS4S 235/35/19 and at the minute with their 15% discount, Blackcirlces are the best quote

Any other recommendations?

Tried camskill, openeo, ebay, amazon, mytyres, etc...

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
I've used tirestreets.co.uk with their 10% off voucher. Think they only stock cheaper stuff, but I've found the Acceleras not too bad.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Jumping on this thread - need to get 4xMichellin PS4S 235/35/19 and at the minute with their 15% discount, Blackcirlces are the best quote

Any other recommendations?

Tried camskill, openeo, ebay, amazon, mytyres, etc...
£529 posted I got 4 x PS4S on Black Friday sale with blackcircles.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
No why? Have been using them since I got my S3 and are a road tyre

They are currently £560 posted with their 15% discount

Did you ever order these from Blackcircles? Looking myself and can get 4x 18" PS4 for the civic for £350 fitted from Blackcircles, probably at Philip White in Mallusk as they're closest to me. Seems a silly price for PS4's, most local places seem to be about that for Toyo Proxes.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
That’s stupidly cheap for 4 PS4 in 17 for my car is £420.
Aye Kwik Fit are £130 a tyre! Blackcircles £100 fitted and there's a discount code bringing them down to £87.51.

Capture.PNG