Hockenheim Silver S1000RR

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
So the Gen 3 is gone and took delivery of this end of June. Due to having covid and then a 2 week holiday I only got riding it for the first time last week there, so will have it run in and fully unleashed this Friday at first service 🙂

Loved the Gen 3 and had no plans to change it, I merely called in for a nosey at the new M1000RR just to see what £35k buys you. Was kicking a few more tyres when the manager asked if I still had mine, was I looking a new one etc etc etc.

I took the Gen 4 out last year and lived it but couldn't justify the price difference to change. I wasn't fully sold on the looks but they've grown on me slowly over the last year or so.

Told him of I was to get one it would have to be Hockenheim Silver as love the colour and the Motorsport colours have been done to death, wanted something a bit different. The fact that the silver only comes on the Sport model and not the M Sport was fine as i didn't want the carbon wheels of the M sport. Carbon is sexy yes, but our roads would have them destroyed plus can be damaged changing tyres. Sport comes with sexy forged rims anyways.

So it's a Sport with basically everything the M has including performance pack with race Pro modes, lithium battery, M endurance chain and then I ticked the carbon pack(front mudguard, rear mudguard, infills above tank) and the billet accessories pack(rearsets, levers, lever guards). Also got a full stainless Akrapovic system put on with carbon end can just because it sounds better and gets rid of the standard Euro 5 collector box under the bike. In all was about £5k of extras 😬

Love it so far, actually rides a bit different to the older one as bars are slightly wider and rear tyre is wider, but a lot of similarities with the controls. Still has the cruise control and heated grips which I love, especially for touring, and the new TFT dash is class.

Electronically limited to 8k revs at present which is still torquey enough and good enough for the road, but can't wait to get all the way up past 13k when it's unlocked on Friday.

All I've added so far is some crash protection, radiator guards, tank grips and a tail tidy.

20210630_160432.jpg
20210630_162621.jpg
20210630_162631.jpg
20210630_162641.jpg
20210630_162658.jpg
20210630_162653.jpg
20210630_162704.jpg
20210630_163439.jpg
20210630_163449.jpg
20210630_163500.jpg
20210630_163513.jpg
20210630_165432.jpg
20210630_165501.jpg
20210630_214436.jpg
20210630_162714.jpg

20210714_204611.jpg
20210717_150403.jpg
20210717_165628.jpg
20210717_200317.jpg

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
Without doubt my favourite bike on the road at the moment. Hopefully bump into you at some point over the Summer to see it in the flesh.

Health to ride!

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
I know sweet fa about bikes but that looks excellent in that colour. Health to ride

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I don’t know much about bikes, but that looks amazing! 😍

The trailer at Inn on the Coast near Portrush has a very similar plate to you, I think theirs is AKZ 88

RevT

RMS Regular
I know nothing about bikes but that looks impressive! 35K for a bike though? 😱

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Thanks all, it's a weapon and way more a bike than I'll ever need. I'll never even use it to its full potential no doubt but I'll try! Will get it on track at some point.

I know nothing about bikes but that looks impressive! 35K for a bike though? 😱

Just to clarify it's the M1000RR that's is £35k, a bit rich for a toy. This is just a normal S1000RR. The M was made just so they could be more competitive in the superbike races, higher rev limit, extra wings, upgraded internals etc

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Stunning Gav, how does it compare to your Gen 3. That's some line up of bikes there.

Cheers mate. It's weird as in some ways it feels similar but others it's like a different bike. The seat is definitely a touch higher as my wee stumpy legs only just flat foot, where on the old one they were solidly on the ground. Turn in is way quicker on the new one but I think that's a combination of the way the bars sit wider and the wider back tyre.

The biggest difference will be when I get it fully unlocked to go above 8k revs as that's around when the shiftcam technology comes in to play. Like VTEC for bikes! I remember the test bike being very noticeable. You think you're accelerating fast and then bang, more!

Got service brought forward to tomorrow morning now as its 150 miles either side of 600 they allow for running in and I've 500 done now

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
That’s just gorgeous!! Look at that dash!!!!!

we are so lucky to have machines like this available… everytime I ride a 1000cc bike I just think, how is this even remotely legal!!!! Between cars and bikes…. I think currently we are drinking the cream !!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
That’s just gorgeous!! Look at that dash!!!!!

we are so lucky to have machines like this available… everytime I ride a 1000cc bike I just think, how is this even remotely legal!!!! Between cars and bikes…. I think currently we are drinking the cream !!

Haha cheers! Yeah they're bonkers, really too much for the roads and would be very easy to lose the license, and that's just in 1st gear 😂

The dash is good and I love it, but it is a distraction and nearly has too much going on. Can't beat the rawness of old school dials and a couple of warning lights IMO.

It even has sat nav, phone connectivity and can stream Spotify or whatever music! Have all that turned off as nobody needs that on a bike like that!

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
That's one of the nicest looking sports bikes I've seen, stunning!

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Cheers mate. It's weird as in some ways it feels similar but others it's like a different bike. The seat is definitely a touch higher as my wee stumpy legs only just flat foot, where on the old one they were solidly on the ground. Turn in is way quicker on the new one but I think that's a combination of the way the bars sit wider and the wider back tyre.

The biggest difference will be when I get it fully unlocked to go above 8k revs as that's around when the shiftcam technology comes in to play. Like VTEC for bikes! I remember the test bike being very noticeable. You think you're accelerating fast and then bang, more!

Got service brought forward to tomorrow morning now as its 150 miles either side of 600 they allow for running in and I've 500 done now

If its anything like the new fireblade im sure your in for a treat. Have you had it out for a proper skelp now that it is serviced. I have to call down to BMW tomorrow to see if they can sort my rider mode, might try and blag a quick go on the new one. Do you have a baffle in the exhaust?

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
If its anything like the new fireblade im sure your in for a treat. Have you had it out for a proper skelp now that it is serviced. I have to call down to BMW tomorrow to see if they can sort my rider mode, might try and blag a quick go on the new one. Do you have a baffle in the exhaust?

Yeah it's very similar to the new blade actually, only a bit comfier on the road.

Yeah got to open it up a wee bit on the way home earlier, had to show an M2 Competition the way to Dromara 😝 It's mental now, that higher up power band is class!

Definitely get the new one out a skelp, they a nice M sport on demo there at the minute. And yeah, exhaust did have a baffle but that's out now once I realised it was only a wee bolt holding it in.

Reactions: Lee

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Just back from another great week on the Isle of Man! Good to get a few runs over the mountain, though the unpredictable foreign bikes and the high wind on the last day made for not as quick as I would've liked. Still a great feeling though and so much fun!

FB_IMG_1655123179336.jpg

GOPR2360_1654678305441.jpg

20220611_174815.jpg

20220607_135034.jpg

20220607_131809.jpg

20220606_085943.jpg

20220605_155309.jpg

20220605_155450.jpg

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Brilliant photos, the one on the mountain is brilliant, who took it. I had a look for the list of photographers on the mountain but couldn't see much so gave up and ordered another pint :joy: .

The three bikes look fantastic.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Brilliant photos, the one on the mountain is brilliant, who took it. I had a look for the list of photographers on the mountain but couldn't see much so gave up and ordered another pint :joy: .

The three bikes look fantastic.

Cheers mate. The one I posted up was Roadrunnerpics. But there was also One Way Photographic, FanTTtastic, Moto Media and Harper Automotive. They're the ones I know of though they were all a bit sh1te at sitting up there this year.

Couple of times we went past there was nobody at all, loads of money lost for them, though I'm sure it's cold enough perched up there watching the bikes go past lol. Not to mention all the crashes meaning they were sitting for hours getting nobody

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Cheers mate. The one I posted up was Roadrunnerpics. But there was also One Way Photographic, FanTTtastic, Moto Media and Harper Automotive. They're the ones I know of though they were all a bit sh1te at sitting up there this year.

Couple of times we went past there was nobody at all, loads of money lost for them, though I'm sure it's cold enough perched up there watching the bikes go past lol. Not to mention all the crashes meaning they were sitting for hours getting nobody

You could make an absolute mint if you were able to link the photo to the rider. Pity they couldn't do it through the reg, my car came up from a track day photo when I googled the reg.

Must have a look on Facebook later. Happily pay £10 or £20 for a good photo.