BMW have had car 5 weeks for EGR recall with no progress

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Great. Mine down today. And they just called needs replaced and have none in stock. At least a week before I get my car back. Wonder what clinker of a courtesy car they will give me.

Could be a lot worse, we did 7 weeks and that wasn't the worst case I heard by any means

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Country garage took my car within 2 weeks for the inspection and thankfully it wasn’t affected by the dodgy batch

Our car went in for the EGR recall check and it was outside the serial numbers for the recall so deemed not to need a new one. Over the past month it started loosing a bit of coolant (not very much) so was booked back in and is having a new EGR cooler fitted today as it was found to be leaking.

Overnight parts so they seem to have cleared the backlog but just for anyone who was told their EGR cooler was okay, if you start to loose coolant get it back and get it checked. Although outside the parameters for the recall it is being fixed FOC as BMW have set aside additional money for such cases.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Had mine done before lockdown (I think it had been done before), booked and done within a week from memory.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Depends on the recall if they have parts in stock. Known ones to be without for months due to parts supply, this was last year. Push them on parts stock and get management to confirm that a part will be held for your car before leaving imo.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Its for the EGR cooler to be replaced.
CH Autoservices is just up the road from me so hopefully they can cover recalls. The car wont be left anywhere unless they have the part on site to fit.

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Sorted, in and out in a day 👍
Couldn't help but laugh at the price they put down for filling the screenwash (that i filled the night before!)
They must have imported the 100ml of water from Germany😂
IMG_20200903_074628.jpg

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Did they give you courtesy car or did you just have to wait?

Got the letter about this as well. It's a bit annoying as it had already went in to get checked and was deemed fine

paddyirishman

RMS Regular
Did they give you courtesy car or did you just have to wait?

Got the letter about this as well. It's a bit annoying as it had already went in to get checked and was deemed fine
Didn't even ask for a courtesy car. I left it with them and collected it after i finished work.

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Usually I'd have done the same. Leave the car, they drop me at the office in Belfast & then collect me later on, but now we're WFH I'm not sure they'll be wanting to run me all the way back from Belfast to Tassagh and collected again.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Heard donnellys weren't giving out cars as they had to clean them etc. Only heard it on passing so can't say if right or wrong.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Must have changed their minds because I got a car around this time last year granted I had to go to enterprise to get it. Maybe COVID related. That’s what they get for skimping. As far as I was aware they bought in Korean parts instead of using the more expensive Mahle.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just got a recall letter today about the EGR valve in the 435. Anyone know if this a new batch of problems? Or has ours just been missed from before?

G24NTR

RMS Regular
Just got a recall letter today about the EGR valve in the 435. Anyone know if this a new batch of problems? Or has ours just been missed from before?
Probably missed, never heard anything from BMW about it on my 220d, I had to check and inform the dealership myself... A couple of weeks after servicing the car and saying it needed a new EGR that I would have to pay for 🤨

Smoothie

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman

You sure it’s for the valve and not the cooler? 66,000 letters went out on Monday. This is a re-issue of the same recall.

hillbilly

RMS Regular
I wonder if they will do it while you wait or will be given a courtesy car? It mentioned that it would take 4 hours to do, but they had my car for 4 weeks the last time. Maybe they will have learnt from their mistakes, and get all the logistics in place first.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I wonder if they will do it while you wait or will be given a courtesy car? It mentioned that it would take 4 hours to do, but they had my car for 4 weeks the last time. Maybe they will have learnt from their mistakes, and get all the logistics in place first.
Count yourself lucky nearly 4 months for the last recall for mine 🤣 I'm dreading having to go back for this.