Gears and Grinds: Cars and Coffee Vegas Style

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
See the blog feature on this - I was looking forward to drawing parallels to our own local gatherings on a trip earlier this year to Gears and Grinds, a Cars and Coffee style event held just outside Las Vegas. Visiting on recommendation of friend, RMS member and on this particular day, chauffeur, Patrick McCullagh (@Nazor on the forum), expectations were blown out of the water as Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
It has indeed, though the shine wore off a bit when it started to get really busy imo.
Its that busy point when the towneys dont yet show up thats the best.
Sorry ours wasn’t up to your standards lads 😂
😂😂 private ones like that are 100% the best for a chat but needs to be a public one to get the cars ud never otherwise see. Tbf thought I think being public would ruin what you’ve got with the rms one. So you need to run 2 basically 😂

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Its that busy point when the towneys dont yet show up thats the best.
Within reason. The first few ones were great and had a lovely relaxed feel.

Once you mix in people desperate for photos of their car and owners clubs (eughh) it loses that I think!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I was in LA back in May, took a drive over the Angeles crest highway and happened upon a meet. Wasn’t even organised, but blew anything I’ve ever been to here out of the water. The location probably had a good part to play in it, the local retail carpark doesn’t really do it for me.

Been to a few organised events in Florida, pretty epic to be fair.

The only thing similar I have been closer to home is Caffeine & Machine, which to be fair is awesome. Cars in attendance, venue setup and location, atmosphere just epic.

Blackheath has the potential for something similar to Caffeine & Machine.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Except, with Caffeine and Machine it's an everyone welcome approach no matter who they are, their age, what the car is, standard, modified, cheap, expensive etc. I've landed in there with my 5 series and the guys in the likes of lambos etc are round it asking questions, proper enthusiasts rather than posers though I guess!

Is the Blackheath one like that? I do sort of get it as the whole diffing and diesel crowd are utter cretins who would likely ruin events leaving them.

Best C&C type thing I've been to recently was the pre-meet the night before the Rollhard show at Bicester Heritage. Pizza, beer for people not driving, nice people. It was brilliant, as was the show itself.

It's a shame as there are a lot of historically important and very interesting cars in NI that rarely see public events.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Except, with Caffeine and Machine it's an everyone welcome approach no matter who they are, their age, what the car is, standard, modified, cheap, expensive etc. I've landed in there with my 5 series and the guys in the likes of lambos etc are round it asking questions, proper enthusiasts rather than posers though I guess!

Is the Blackheath one like that? I do sort of get it as the whole diffing and diesel crowd are utter cretins who would likely ruin events leaving them.

Best C&C type thing I've been to recently was the pre-meet the night before the Rollhard show at Bicester Heritage. Pizza, beer for people not driving, nice people. It was brilliant, as was the show itself.

It's a shame as there are a lot of historically important and very interesting cars in NI that rarely see public events.

I totally agree everything from Hypercars to classic hot hatches. The difference as you say is the people, true petrolheads. Not inbred assholes with some car that should be scrapped. I can appreciate any car that you can tell someone has taken pride in, regardless of the cost.

I have only been to Blackheath once, there were a reasonable mix of cars. Modern to classic Porsches, BMWs from the 90s up and a lot of stuff in between. It’s private property, so anyone acting the **** will be ejected and not allowed back, impossible to do that when these other C&C events tend to be in public car parks.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Plenty of variety at all stuff mentioned, including Gears and Grinds. This wee stripped Starlet was awesome. Bring what you have, sure is that not the whole thing about C&C?

1661369553562.png