PPF Installers NI

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Are there any recommended installers who people have used? I would like to price up PPF on the tank and pillion seat of my bike and see if its worth the costs.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Are there any recommended installers who people have used? I would like to price up PPF on the tank and pillion seat of my bike and see if its worth the costs.
Complete car care company in lisburn are worth checking out..

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
REX Detail, Annacloy.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
What kind of PPF were you thinking of getting? I’ve got XPEL on my car but am not overly impressed with the supposed self-healing properties. A friend of mine installs Ceramic Pro Kavaca PPF and from what he’s shown me it self heals far more effectively.

Gareth

RMS Regular
OP
Gareth
Drives
Honda's
What kind of PPF were you thinking of getting? I’ve got XPEL on my car but am not overly impressed with the supposed self-healing properties. A friend of mine installs Ceramic Pro Kavaca PPF and from what he’s shown me it self heals far more effectively.

That's a good question. The pillion seat cover will see little to no touching, but the tank will obviously be rubbed by my inner thighs each time the bike is ridden. I'd be hoping for something that can withstand a bit of abuse.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
@Gibbo I’m going to collect later today. I’ll make sure and get that in! 😂

Thank you

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Does the price for PPF vary by car even from the same installer? I know a couple of guys with M5 who paid less than a grand for front end and I was quoted over 2 including VAT for the same thing from the same place.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Could be different types of PPF.

Some of thicker than others. Some are hydrophobic. You would need to know what type of PPF you were priced for.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Does the price for PPF vary by car even from the same installer? I know a couple of guys with M5 who paid less than a grand for front end and I was quoted over 2 including VAT for the same thing from the same place.

The price of film is up considerably. Plus it gets priced on wastage too. So an M5 might have less waste if more of the kit can be printed within smaller space.

But less than a grand sounds incredible cheap. When I used to do PPF I was charging around £12-1600 for a front end, that’s about 5-6 years back now.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

I paid £360 about 18 months for just my side skirts and the rear quarters, just behind the rear wheels. Both these areas are considered particularly exposed on a Porsche.

Getting into full front ends was getting very pricey.

I used the complete car care company in Lisburn, they are certified XPEL installers.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Full front ends start from £1200 with me for Gyeon PPF certified installer, I honestly don't know how someone could make money charging under 1k for a full front end given the material prices and labour involved. There are 3 main types of Gyeon Enhance , Protect + and Matte, there might be around £100 difference price between protect + and enhance over a front end for example.