All New Kia Sportage

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
We have just published - It is around eight years since I last spent any time with the Kia Sportage and this all-new model is almost unrecognisable in comparison.

First launched in the mid 90's, the then utilitarian Sportage was a firm favourite with farmers and those who lived in rural areas thanks to its reliability.

It wasn't until after 2010 that the Kia Sportage became a popular sight on the school run Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

DaveG

RMS Member
Drives
E46 325ci
These look pretty good, my Stepdad has just got one and unfortunatley its a base one. The screens are nowhere near as good as your test car and the interior quality is a bit plasticky. I'm guessing the higher spec one would be much better. A friend just got a Tucson and it seems much better.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
These look pretty good, my Stepdad has just got one and unfortunatley its a base one. The screens are nowhere near as good as your test car and the interior quality is a bit plasticky. I'm guessing the higher spec one would be much better. A friend just got a Tucson and it seems much better.

My Dad is likely to pick one up soon, but going for the range topper in GT Line S trim. Either the HEV or PHEV, probably the former. The full size dual screens really lift the cabin over the base model, and when I sat in it, I was impressed with the build and material quality. There are some cheaper plastics lower down and in the back but anything you touch regularly, at least in the higher trims, feels good.

He had a series of Audi's and BMW before, and whilst the talked about the Kia, I didn't think he'd actually go from a 5 Series to one but here we are. I quite like the new BMW X1 but spec is very variable and the new Lexus NX, but it is just more than what he wants to go to money wise so Sportage it is seemingly.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Hearing more and more previously dyed-in-the-wool serial German car owners going to the South Koreans. The Sportage is just another in a long line of success stories for Hyundai, great looking and so well equipped.