a-kem automotive

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Quick touchless wash at lunch today

20230126_140958.jpg

20230126_142433.jpg

Far from perfect but I was in a rush. It was horrendous to start with tho so it'll need the works at some stage soon!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Remind me, after rinsing off Articulate, do I need to hit the car with a mitt and Gleam before applying Purge as well as after? Or just after? Only the second time I’ve ever used it 😬.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If you wash it with a mit as usual then Purge isn't really needed. At least in my experience.

It's only really needed on wheels with lots of hard baked brake dust. And even then, Cleanse deals with the wheels on its own most of the time.

I can't actually remember last time I needed Purge. It's a great product for brake dust, it's just the other cleaning products are so good on their own.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The car really needs a proper going over. There are little orange dots over it which I assumed would be a job for Purge?!

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
I think it depends how much dirt is left on the paint after Articulate and a good rinse. If there is still a lot of dirt then the Purge will sit on that instead of getting right on to the wee bits of iron fallout. If you give it a contact wash then the dirt shouldn’t be there and the Purge can get right to work on the fallout.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I would wash first then hit it both with Purge and also a tar remover. The amount of tar on the car over winter is unbelievable and I am washing every week

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, more like tar. Go through a good clean, mit and all. Then at the end, if the spots are still there, pick them off with tarminator and a soft cloth. Spray on to melt them and wipe off. Then a quick wash again to get rid of the worst of the solvent smell 😇

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Like above I would wash first then T&G then fallout. I'd foam down, rinse then wash again but I'm funny like that LOL

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
like the other guys have said, I would prewash first to get rid of most dirt. then wash as normal and then use the tarminator. Please be careful around headlights.

Rinse it all off, and then use purge. Foam everything for a final time, rinse off et voilà

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ok to put tarminator and purge on when the car is wet?

I’ve no snow foam so will opt for a final wash instead.

Interesting though, in my head I thought it would need more than a foam to lift the tarminator and purge.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ok to put tarminator and purge on when the car is wet?

I’ve no snow foam so will opt for a final wash instead.

Interesting though, in my head I thought it would need more than a foam to lift the tarminator and purge.
Yep. Ideal to put them on as you’ll only be working in small patches at a time with Tarminator and not spraying the whole car down.

And please be careful around headlights and taillights!

Purge no worries to spray entire car down and the orange spots likely will be fallout

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
It’s delightful when the tar spots just dissolve themselves with no agitation. The bigger ones are a balls when you need to work them.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You shouldn't need to work tar spots. In fact, never "rub" anything off. Could leave marks on the paint.

But the solvent does evaporate quickly. You can keep topping up a couple of times until the spot melts completely. Or soak some tissue in tarminator and stick it on. It holds the solvent for longer that way.

It's fine on a wet car. Personally I find it easier if the car is not soaking wet, but doesn't need to be bone dry.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Hello @Big Pimp. What’s the current update with IK sprayers? Do you have any new stock coming back in? The new mini sprayer looks a great new addition….hopefully you’re thinking of stocking them?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Hello @Big Pimp. What’s the current update with IK sprayers? Do you have any new stock coming back in? The new mini sprayer looks a great new addition….hopefully you’re thinking of stocking them?
Hello mate.

Order placed today for several more of their IK12 IK9 Multi Pro 2 ALK 1.5 and the new mini sprayers too

Expecting them early next week

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Any word on the large drums of Articulate? I'm nearly out- don't make me buy an inferior product!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
is there any idea on when the hydrophobic spray your spoke of a while back will be available? Looks like it would be perfect for the daily mondo estate lol

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Any word on the large drums of Articulate? I'm nearly out- don't make me buy an inferior product!
I have a 5ltr container with very little out of it (approx 90% left) if your interested?

I find myself using Citraclean if I need to use a pre foam treatment.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp my foam lance gave up the ghost earlier and went looking for a new one, but couldn't see any on the site, are there any in stock? sorry if I've missed a post about them not being available, I had a quick scan of the last few pages but couldn't see anything.