what cleaning products are best

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
*maybe this could be made a sticky*

im washing and waxing alot of cars lately and im running out of the cleaning stuff that i have but i didnt recieve it in branded bottles...so i was wondering whats the best product for the following parts:

tires?

alloys?

black trim plastics?

surrounding rubbers?

paint/bodywork (shampoo & wax)?

interior?

glass?

maybe a possible step by step guide...in what product to use first etc?

what cloths are best to use?

clay usage?

best to remove swirls?

what buffing machine? (if safe to use...)

i know megs and autoglym are up there in brands but whats best?

many thanks, Joe

Ruth

RMS Regular
theres so many products, everyone has their own preferences - and for me it personally depends what mood i'm in and what i want from the paint finish. Again, how much money are you willing to spend.. do u need trade stuff etc.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
im looking stuff thats gona last me more than a few weeks.

i just want a showroom finish...if its possible.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
From my days of valeting these are what i prefered and still use

tires? Pure Silicon Spray

alloys? Concept TFR (delta force)

black trim plastics? Auto Glym Bumper care

surrounding rubbers? Concept Pure Classic Carnuaba Wax

paint/bodywork (shampoo & wax)? Turtle wax shampoo / Neelson Liquid Gold polish / Concept Pure Classic Carnuaba Wax

interior? TFR / Hot Water / Chamois / Concept Strait Sill

glass? Boiling Hot, Clean Chamois

maybe a possible step by step guide...in what product to use first etc? No

what cloths are best to use? Any Pure Cotton Mutten Rag (wax on) / Static Cloths (wax off)

clay usage? No

best to remove swirls? Burnisher & G3 Compund then Neelson x2 & wax

what buffing machine? (if safe to use...) Burnisher (angle grinder industrial job)

i know megs and autoglym are up there in brands but whats best? there is no best, just use what you feel you get best results from and what your pocket can afford !

PS. this is a lot of trade products and all bought in gallons or more and my results used to be as good as any "detailers" of todays if not better (just ask some of the RMS old school hardcore about the KA lol

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
thanks graham, thats the kina answer i was looking.

sorry ruth, was working lastnight, had to run!

any thoughts on this yourself misses?

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
tires? Turtle Wax Extreme Tyre Gel /TW Platinium

alloys? Lots of Brake dust/marring i use wonder wheels to lift the ****e, else lots of soapy water and a washmit.

black trim plastics? Auto Glym Bumper Care

surrounding rubbers? AG Rubber care on a wet rag.

paint/bodywork (shampoo & wax)?
Wash : Zymol Clear Vu stuff [Dark Green]. Megs NXT Gen wash
Polish: AG Super Resin Polish
Wax : Tech Wax, Megs #16, AG Ultra Gloss Protection, Megs Cleaner Wax finished with #16

interior? Damp Microfiber and hot water with a drop of flash multi purpose. Lemon Fresh

glass? Vinigar and Newspaper, Megs NXT Glass Polish.

what cloths are best to use? I like tescos 95p for 3 microfibers, small but work well, Sonus Der Wunders [dont have any but I do rather like them]

clay usage? Megs white, have a Green Sonus bar to try soon.

best to remove swirls? SRP - More of a dissappearing act TBH

what buffing machine? (if safe to use...) Right arm, sometimes left.

i know megs and autoglym are up there in brands but whats best? Mix and match!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
tires? meguires tyre shine

alloys? soapy water, mitt, normal polish, sealant, normal wax

black trim plastics? meguires trim detailer

surrounding rubbers?

paint/bodywork (shampoo & wax)? meguires gold class/nxt generation or im going to try some Poor Boys stuff, wax i use Nattys blue as well as harley wax

interior? just a hoover but i use AG interior shampoo or the ones from halfrauds with the brush on the end of the can, wet chamois for the trim and dash, also AG interior fresh spray i think smells great!

glass? any glass cleaner, sometimes polish but i must get a new one as i think my AG stuff is rotten :confounded:

what cloths are best to use? microfibre cloths to remove polishes/waxes and a drying towel instead of a chamois using a patting method to dry instead of "swirling" it about

clay usage? meguires clay and quick detailer

best to remove swirls? PC with poor boys SSR range and EX-P sealant but i plan to move onto menzara (spl) once my PB stuff is finished

what buffing machine? ask lenny26, i think he was selling his PC for a decent price along with different products

i know megs and autoglym are up there in brands but whats best? poorboys, swissol, zymol, harley, collinite - check out www.polishedbliss.co.uk

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
i dont work in aisle 4 but the moneys dmn well good, need more money for shopping hee hee!
and whys it not good enough people have survived without it for this long :p

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Detailing, valeting, whatever you want to call it has been about for over 100 years sexymanda.

Its impossible to say what products are best but ppl can make recommendations based on their own opinions. The only thing you can really do is start buying different things and see how YOU like them.

The only product that I would go out of my way to recommend is Poorboys EX-P. I am by no means hugely experienced but its the only product I personally have used where I thought bloody hell that really is good stuff!

sexymanda

Banned
Drives
turbo ctr,Eclips
there valeting, to make it clean, then theres detailing which covers what seems like soooooo much more :p

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
detailing is valeting ! END OF !

ossy the concept products are available fromkarkraft in mallusk BTW to the public :grinning:

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
tires? Silicone spray

alloys? TFR 50/50 diluted

black trim plastics? Autoglym bodyshop Rubber and Plastic cleaner

surrounding rubbers? As above

paint/bodywork (shampoo & wax)? TFR diluted, Autoglym Supreme, Simoniz hard wax, 3M Finesse It, 3M Perfect It, 3M Trizact, 3M Gloss enhancer

interior? TFR and hot water

glass? Distilled water/vinegar in a spray bottle. Use newspaper to dry

what cloths are best to use? Pure cotton rags, 3M Perfect It detailing cloths

clay usage? Never needed it

best to remove swirls? Autoglym Bodyshop 04B or 03B Abrasive, 3M Finesse It, 3M Trizact, 3M Perfect It

what buffing machine? (if safe to use...) Makita

brendy

RMS Regular
valeting is something you do when you get "stains" on the seats or are trying to sell the car, detailing is when you have too much time on your hands and cant get a woman to come near you.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
OP
ossy2004
Drives
R33 / V70
lol no brendy its getting the women to keep AWAY from you...more peace and quite :p

thanks everyone, great help!!

Ruth

RMS Regular
lol no brendy its getting the women to keep AWAY from you...more peace and quite :p

You wouldn't keep me away from you if you were at the detailing Joseph:p;)

*edit* As pointed out by gobsheene i can see how bad my post sounds :worried:

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
Valeting and detailing are two different things...

On the subject of what products are best, check out polishedbliss.co.uk and the detailingworld.co.uk forums. Really its down to personal preference but the dw forums will help a lot mate.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.