Racing: Training Days for Newcomers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

yvo6

RMS Regular
Bishopscourt
February 18 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
February 26 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

Kirkistown
March 5

yvo6

RMS Regular
OP
yvo6
Licence days and Training Days are the same thing and dates are in the first post.
The day comprises of track time behind instructors and class room time. The class room time is for the Flag Seminar, Doping Regulations which are compulsory any rider must attend before getting their licence. The instructors also give very good information about what you should do and not at the races. There will be scrutineers at some of them to go over your race bike to give advise.
http://www.belfastanddistrictmotorclub.co.uk/bandd/?page_id=874
Here is a link at what you need to know/do when starting to race. You need to join a Club (you can join more than one) to get the licence application form.

yvo6

RMS Regular
OP
yvo6
whats involved with this? how much is it etc?
In the past each training day is £50 or £60 and new riders must attend at lease one(check that out), but the more tracktime you can
get will be beneficial to you before you are in a race situation.

kristen

RMS Regular
Drives
Meganers250
thanks very much for your help i race pitbike supermoto and im looking to move up to bigger bikes

yvo6

RMS Regular
OP
yvo6
You dont have to have a race bike to do the Licence days, a road bike will do if the racer is not ready. Definitely get to the first one if possible.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
i see, this would be wasted on me. I'm not planning on racing. just planning on some trackways.

kristen

RMS Regular
Drives
Meganers250
if i miss these dates is there any other way of getting a license throughout the year? dont think bike will be ready and cant get a road bike that would suit

yvo6

RMS Regular
OP
yvo6
Not so sure that it would be easy if at all.

Competition Licence Registrar (Road Racing/Short Circuit/Trials):
Jim Cray
Tel: 028 9081 3095

yvo6

RMS Regular
OP
yvo6
Reminder

***FOR INFO OF MCUI(UC) NEWCOMERS***

Training days for Race Newcomers are as follows:-

Saturday 18th February @ Bishopscourt

Sunday 26th February @ Bishopscourt

Sunday 5th March @ Kirkistown

Contact Jim Cray to confirm attendance 02890813095

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.