What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

RevT

RMS Regular
Done a wee bit of work to the daily to sort out a few rattles and annoying bits. Fitted two new rear shocks, painted the callipers and sorted out a faulty door lock (what a joke of a job). Have a new alternator pulley to sort out during the week too when I get a chance.

56oval

RMS Regular
Spring tune up then took the old girl swimming lol!! Then went for a pootle round the countryside. Nothing clears a head like a mile swim and a brace of 48's:grinning:

20170225_115215.jpg
20170225_115158.jpg
20170225_114343.jpg

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
Have 3 double washer jets on the xc60, middle and drivers were only firing 1 jet each so got 2 replacements from greers in antrim, fitted and all back to 6 jets now.

Was getting an annoying rattle from the drivers door, took the door card out and after a shake about 5 unburnt matches fell out of some unseen crevice, wasn't expecting that but no more rattle so happy with that.

Moved onto the dash rattle that I've Been battling with for months, been driving up and down bumpy roads for a few hours with various pieces of the dash removed in a process of elimination and after dremmling away at a new contact spot ive noticed and more tactical foam tape applied i might have got somewhere... fingers crossed!

Full service to do next month plus replace the valeo wipers I got a few months ago with bosch ones, cant believe how bad those valeo ones are, almost dangerous in drizzling conditions but grand when pelting down so they have to go.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Mechanism is sticking. Not buying another caliper as that's only been put on in past few months and car has been sitting in garage. Gona brake test on Monday and will know for sure bud.
Could remove the the caliper for the carrier and work the handbrake mechanism then rewind the piston back in. Do the a few times and should loosen it up

It's probably with sitting around just.

If the cars parked up in the gearbox do leave the handbrake on, put a block the wheel, will stop it from sticking as much.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Could remove the the caliper for the carrier and work the handbrake mechanism then rewind the piston back in. Do the a few times and should loosen it up

It's probably with sitting around just.

If the cars parked up in the gearbox do leave the handbrake on, put a block the wheel, will stop it from sticking as much.

Tried today. Other side is perfect and it wasn't replaced. It's the one that was replaced. Handbrake cables have improved it a bit as long as it passes it'll do for now until Machanic replys to me.

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
Abandoned my car with Colm Hyland and a bloody large list of parts / servicing to price up for me. Like.... ££££ thousands worth.
Picking it back up in a week or two hopefully with electrics all sorted.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
In preparation for MOT next week, I gave the car its first wash in about 4 months. Removed the wheels, cleaned and sealed inside and out. Cleaned the arches, brake pipes etc. Had a new windscreen fitted last week too. Gave the drivers seatbelt a bit of a steam clean as it was a bit slow to retract.

Highlight of the day was breaking a wheel nut on the last wheel - putting it back on when torquing it up strangely enough. Only replaced all the wheel bolts 2 years ago, not sure what went wrong.

Last edited:

DavidY

RMS Regular
Drives
his wife mad.
First time away from BMW dealer?

For me in the last few years of BMW ownership yes. Although this car has more than likely been to many back street garages to get things done cheap in the past with the previous owner, so keeping a full dealer history isn't possible / worth it anymore.