a-kem automotive

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
@Iain Traynor great results, Did you dry the car after ultragloss?. Screwfix sprayer used for it as well?
Ps I've seen your car a few times on my commute home and it certainly looks the part in the estate(y) . DSG or Manual?:grinning:

Cheers. They didn't build any estates in manual for some reason, DSG only.

It started raining about 5 minutes after I started so couldn't dry the car after the wax. I bought 2 of the Screwfix sprayers, one for the articulate and one for the wax. They're a good enough job.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
If you have a good snowfoam lance it will be the power washer not having enough pressure/water flow to make really thick foam.

Our old karcher got so weak the snow foam just came out as soapy water, no body to it at all.

I just got one from cleantec and it hasnt changed a thing. Tried different snow foams so it must be the washer itself.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I just got one from cleantec and it hasnt changed a thing. Tried different snow foams so it must be the washer itself.
What model is it, takes a big washer to make really thick foam.

Have you tried mixing the snow foam to a lower ratio, so less water?
Also is the snow foam lance definitely fully adjusted the correct way.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I use a older karcher 3.5 and foam lance and no matter what I do I cannot get any foam .interested as to how you resolve your problem .

J55NI

RMS Regular
Cheers. They didn't build any estates in manual for some reason, DSG only.

It started raining about 5 minutes after I started so couldn't dry the car after the wax. I bought 2 of the Screwfix sprayers, one for the articulate and one for the wax. They're a good enough job.
That was my next question for £10 are they decent?. Did you use much ultragloss? Car looks great especially in white(y).

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
That was my next question for £10 are they decent?. Did you use much ultragloss? Car looks great especially in white(y).

About 2 litres of the ultragloss that I'd already mixed with water at 20:1, and I probably overdid it and put too much on the car. The sprayers are a bargain for £10 and can be adjusted to give a decent fan of spray.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
About 2 litres of the ultragloss that I'd already mixed with water at 20:1, and I probably overdid it and put too much on the car. The sprayers are a bargain for £10 and can be adjusted to give a decent fan of spray.
Ultra gloss it meant to be 10:1 but if it works a bit weaker all the better.

I found 500ml is usually enough to coat a car, found no benefit from putting more on.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
What model is it, takes a big washer to make really thick foam.

Have you tried mixing the snow foam to a lower ratio, so less water?
Also is the snow foam lance definitely fully adjusted the correct way.

Ancient Karcher 3.99 thats been pulsing for a while now lol. Yeah, even 100% concentrate and flicked the adjuster from left to right on both lances.

I dont see what else it could be. Although i coukd strip it down and see if i can find the cause of the pulsing.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ancient Karcher 3.99 thats been pulsing for a while now lol. Yeah, even 100% concentrate and flicked the adjuster from left to right on both lances.

I dont see what else it could be. Although i coukd strip it down and see if i can find the cause of the pulsing.
Some of the lower spec karchers have plastic pumps, not much you can do with them.

Ours didn't and just rattled to the point it was useless

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
You ever clean out internals of the lance? Most have a steel wool cube that gunks up over time with soap residue etc.

I had same issue. Striped lance, cube in coke over night. Back together and 100% sorted.

New cubes on cost few pounds also.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
You ever clean out internals of the lance? Most have a steel wool cube that gunks up over time with soap residue etc.

I had same issue. Striped lance, cube in coke over night. Back together and 100% sorted.

New cubes on cost few pounds also.

Never had it working on either lance, even when new.
It does vary a lot depending on where you live and how hard or soft the water is. It's usually as simple as that.

It still works even if it's not like shaving foam.

Don't get me wrong it works, just missing out on the satisfaction of a properly covered car :p

Last edited:

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
I got this sprayer for £2.69 in Home Bargains. Just need something to put in it now lol.

IMG_20170226_202853.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Had one of them, was useless. Just about ok for misting a couple of flower pots. Just about.

Just pay another few quid for a proper one. Night and day, and then some. Flip sake.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Had one of them, was useless. Just about ok for misting a couple of flower pots. Just about.

Just pay another few quid for a proper one. Night and day, and then some. Flip sake.

Ain't used it yet. Will fire up thoughts of my own when I get to use it. For 3 quid lol...

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
I bought the screwfix ones, one for articulate and one for gloss. Definitely uses more gloss than the wee hand pump sprayer but it gives the car a good cover and is much much easier. I find it applies the articulate fairly well too, it's definitely easier to get a good covering up in round the wheel arches too. My car is minging at the minute after multiple runs from the countryside to the big smoke over the weekend in the rain. If it's dry this afternoon when I get home I may have another bash at a touchless wash, last one didn't really work very well but it is most likely the mix ration on snowfoam to be honest.

I'll try to remember to take and post pics before and after........

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Is Procar getting in any Articulate today?

Dying to give it a go with my new Karcher...

Also....what's the big difference between Articulate and the Citrus Precleaner?

Can I use my citrus Precleaner in the same way as Articulate? Like leave it under a layer of Snow foam?

I got tutti frutti snow foam - is the Anachem stuff a lot better?

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
i have barely used my snowfoam since getting articulate, I think so far its been fantastic, Very interesting to see how it stands up to bug splatter later on in the year!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
What way are you guys diluting your products?

Articulate - 50:1?
UltraGloss - 20:1?
UltraFoam - 20:1?