RMS Offroad Enthusiasts - Punch Hunt - Flagstaff - 25th August 2019

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
image.jpg

Well it took a while but I'm ready to go!!

I'll be coming from Moira myself but current plans are to lift a mate in Banbridge and head on to Newry from there if that suits. If I see any of you on the carriageway I'll tie in with youse but my route is awkward enough to convoy down.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Well enjoy yourselfs tomorrow.

Take plenty of pictures and videos especially of people getting badly stuck.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
@weeloaney i need you there to tow me out lol! I'll be first stuck, then I'll get stuck again!
The shogun is getting abused tomorrow lol, as long as I don't roll it I'll be fine. Please don't quote that. Ever.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@weeloaney i need you there to tow me out lol! I'll be first stuck, then I'll get stuck again!
The shogun is getting abused tomorrow lol, as long as I don't roll it I'll be fine. Please don't quote that. Ever.

Lol, I'd just get stuck trying to help you again.

Please don't break it I want to see it out at least one last time myself.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
So what have I missed :worried:

Lol too much to put into words but hopefully photos later will do the talking!

Was brilliant fun as usual and the rain actually made it better! And yes I got stuck. Twice. Once was for a full hour and thought I was going to have to leave old faithful up there lol.

Big thanks to everyone who helped me get out, and also for coming along and having some fun.
@Tinners that Forester certainly surprised me and is by far the best sounding off roader I've ever heard!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Lol too much to put into words but hopefully photos later will do the talking!

Was brilliant fun as usual and the rain actually made it better! And yes I got stuck. Twice. Once was for a full hour and thought I was going to have to leave old faithful up there lol.

Big thanks to everyone who helped me get out, and also for coming along and having some fun.
@Tinners that Forester certainly surprised me and is by far the best sounding off roader I've ever heard!

Lol off course, did you go off on your own again or were you just really well stuck and it took that long to get you out?

Hope you'll go next time @Tinners, really wanted to see and here that thing off road.

How'd @Alan and the big Range Rover get on.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lol off course, did you go off on your own again or were you just really well stuck and it took that long to get you out?

Hope you'll go next time @Tinners, really wanted to see and here that thing off road.

How'd @Alan and the big Range Rover get on.

No no I was on the track, but yes I was on my own lol.
@Alan_B got on very well in the Range Rover, just wafted about all day lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Here's me ever so slightly stuck. Rear diff was jammed solid on a rock and front left was up to the axles in muck so I couldn't go anywhere :worried:

View attachment 138819
How many non RMS ones were there? Was an open event.

Anyone have which and a big yoke with good tyres to pull you out?

Think you would have learned not to go off of your own after last time

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Yeah nobody had a winch today unfortunately. Was at quite an awkward angle an all in that nobody could get a straight pull at me. @Andy044 kindly tried a few times, as did a randomer in another defender but couldn't shift it at all.
In the end it was the brute strength of approx 6 guys rocking the Shogun back and fore until the diff cleared the rock.

All part of the fun though (y)