90s looking headunit with bluetooth phone/audio?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Anyone seen something? I want a stereo for the M3 that can do modern bluetooth stuff but doesnt look like a nightclub.

Becker would be the obvious choice but bluetooth is pretty crappy and phone only.

cheers

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What Becker did you have with Bluetooth? I had a Mexico Pro 7937 and the bluetooth was dead on. Then you could get a Becker iPod interface too.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Im tempted to get this for some 90s nostalgia, though it doesnt have bluetooth

Audiophile Old school Pioneer ANH-P9R Sat Nav CD Player Car Radio. Rare 4977729603361 | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I'd stay away from Becker units - sub standard sound quality and very unreliable when I sold them in the late 90's - 2000's. They never sounded better than Alpine stuff, though most people can mistake classy looks for great performance......the style over substance brigade, people like Lyons! :p I suppose that if you are looking for bluetooth streaming of music, then sound quality isn't an issue?
I know that you (Pablo) don't like leads in the car, but I'd personally go for an aux input from phone to head unit instead of bluetooth.
Have a look here though: Classic Car Stereos for some period sound systems!

markmeus

RMS Regular
Can't understand why companies don't make more OEM looking head units, they also need to realise not everyone drives VWs with red/blue backlighting!!!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Why not fit a Parrot that streams music through an old school unit?

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
A mate has an Alpine CDA 7878r with remote for 90’s cool.

Not sure what he would be needing for it though.

F9898C8A-FD7D-4B37-8287-6ED35EBA0940.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.