Which Halfords wax?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
In between daddy daycare I've managed to spend last night and have some e time today to get the beemer into some sort of acceptable state after a year of ownership - last night washing, de-tarring, now today with some compound and Black Hole. Want to give it a good hard wax finish and thought I'd some in stock but I don't so I think I'm in the lap of Halfords given the day of the week, and need it on before I drive again on Monday and the decontamination work is wasted.

What would people recommend that I can source from there today?

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
The g3 paste wax they do is lovely to use and the applicator that comes with it is brilliant, doesn’t last that long but adds a nice finish and some protection at least.

Then order yourself some collinite, for some lasting protection

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
The g3 paste wax they do is lovely to use and the applicator that comes with it is brilliant, doesn’t last that long but adds a nice finish and some protection at least.

Then order yourself some collinite, for some lasting protection

how long does it last? the beading from it looks real good, I was considering it for a cheap wax to have but would like 3months + out of it

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
how long does it last? the beading from it looks real good, I was considering it for a cheap wax to have but would like 3months + out of it

How longs a piece of string, I’ve found it starts degrading after about 6 weeks. But I’ve also found this with ag hd. To be honest they’re about the same.
It’s a great wax though.

This is wearing two nice coats of g3
02EE9F93-B067-44D6-B834-9DC7DFA075FC.jpeg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
At least it’s cheap enough that you can top it up every 4 weeks and not be financially battered doing it. I enjoy the “me time” of sorting the car. But yeah, anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks depending on weather.

Mark@PD

RMS Regular
Drives
S1 Elise
Why do you want to use a wax?

Why not try gtechniq c2v3 or gyeon wet coat or collinite insulator wax? The collinite will out last just about all your over the counter waxes and is easy to apply and looks good.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Why do you want to use a wax?

Why not try gtechniq c2v3 or gyeon wet coat or collinite insulator wax? The collinite will out last just about all your over the counter waxes and is easy to apply and looks good.
From Halfords ??

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Fireball Premium Easy Coat is unreal, sounds like the same as C2v3, only a lot cheaper!

I've more of it due into stock next week, £12 for a 500ML bottle, also have 4L jars.

IMG_7196.JPG

genman

G
Halfords own stuff aint too bad if you just want something simple and quick.
I use their polish and its as good as autoglym resin stuff and far easier to use for a quarter the price

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

No mate, just 500ML and 4L, and they're £12-ish and £60-ish respectively. Need to double check latest price on our new order as Fireball bumped the prices up a little recently.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Pm me when you check price on 4litres. Id maybe give this a go. Big fan of c2v3 though so would have to be very good

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.