Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Usual 'cars and coffee' style park up meet

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Drive to Spelga Dam and into the town for a 'poke'

Votes: 10 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Gutted I couldn’t get away from work in time :sob:

Looks like a great day out.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Loved the 1.6/2.3/3.0 diesel/hybrid/petroleum V60!
Haha, seems I got caught in 2 conversations and picked folk up wrong :oops: That's what happens when there's 2 blue Volvo hanging about lol. Does sound well for a diesel though @lightning :p As does @Eager Skyline! Sweet Jesus even from being 40 yards behind you can just hear that thing spooling towards you :heart_eyes:

Again as has been said, thank you very much to Jamie for sorting out the destination, Woodcutter for being top chef and Cro for starting us off (y):grinning: Oh and Chris B who supplied the beautiful woman we were all afraid to talk too lol

Nice to get chatting to those I did but clearly from some others that have posted you totally past me by so apologies.

Sheeples

RMS Regular
Drives
M4/RS4
Long story short, they had to have "a second go" at it - happy with it now though. Did you get yours sorted yet? Havent seen it in work for a bit.

hahaha, yea... not so much on missing the vert - was fun in the sun for a few days but glad to be back in my own!

Still on-going. Lots of back and forth between dealerships before they got on the same page only to find out the part was on backorder. All being well should have it back this week.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Just in the door a few mins, long ass day for me as I left at 9 so 13 hrs door to door.

Just to echo what everyone has already said, fabulous job by @Cro and the best reception we’ve ever had by @JamieG95 & @Woodcutter !
Graeme really kind of you to supply the burgers and to be Portstewarts answer to Gordon Ramsay for the day :joy:

Jamie, please please thank Lexi and Senior for allowing us to visit today, was so impressed with both the hospitality and also the new dealership, fantastic facility.

Great to get speaking to so many as well, some old friends and some new with all of us sharing our passion for cars, really nice sense of community spirit :grinning:

@Mont loved your Supra and great to get chatting to you as well.
@KeithRobinson Nova was looking great, you’ve done some job on that thing
@Sonny great to meet you too buddy, hope you enjoyed the spin !

@WSM & @RickyB next time make a bloody effort will ya’s And give the cars a clean :p

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Short vid from the end point

Also, did anyone spot the piece of Ford lying on the road....? Heat shield decided it would rather be attached to @WSM R8 and made a beeline for it....thankfully swerved to avoid getting clunked.. :no_mouth:

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Haha, seems I got caught in 2 conversations and picked folk up wrong :oops: That's what happens when there's 2 blue Volvo hanging about lol. Does sound well for a diesel though @lightning :p As does @Eager Skyline! Sweet Jesus even from being 40 yards behind you can just hear that thing spooling towards you :heart_eyes:

Again as has been said, thank you very much to Jamie for sorting out the destination, Woodcutter for being top chef and Cro for starting us off (y):grinning: Oh and Chris B who supplied the beautiful woman we were all afraid to talk too lol

Nice to get chatting to those I did but clearly from some others that have posted you totally past me by so apologies.

The noise is addictive. Lol

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Very enjoyable afternoon and don't think I can add anything that hasn't been said before. Thanks to all involved for helping. Pitty I missed the ice-cream stop :worried: @lightning declined to tell myself and @suckindiesel till we were in a greasy hole in Bushmills having a crap coffee....

Nice wee video there @Sonny and that Nova @KeithRobinson mmmmmmmm oh yeah....Looking forward to hearing the end of the story of your new purchase ;)

@chris_b cheeky ballix.....some of us drive our cars!!!

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Thanks everyone for coming, I'm glad you all enjoyed the place! Great to put faces to names of those I got to speak too, hopefully I'll not be running round as much next time!

For anyone that got pictures taken on the turntable, I'll post a dropbox link later in the week to download your pictures from but I'll leave you with these two in the meantime :cool:

Nova TURBO
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr @KeithRobinson

M3 Comp's
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr @chris_b @Jonny

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Was a great day, some mix of epic machinery there, nice wide range of stuff. Got to see some nice cars, have a great drive, a good feed and talk to some great people, what more could you ask for on a Sunday. Was nice talking to some of you. I think name badges with real name and forum name on them could be useful.

Huge thanks to all who helped organise this.

Should be done more often, I am of the view that nice cars are meant to be driven, hence why drives like this are better than something fully static, Was funny today as some were confused why I cam all the way up from the North Coast only to go back again, I'm just like, cars are for driving, why wouldn't I.

Must be a sign that I'm getting old that I appreciate the more sporty daily drivers now as much as the full on sports cars.

Civic Didn't look good under those orange lights inside, should have parked her outside

Enjoyed that run today. Had a good blast through the countryside with @EF Ian, that civic doesn’t hang around lol
Was a great run for sure, pity about such slow moving traffic, barely had a chance to rev her out.

Real nice video there @Sonny

For anyone that got pictures taken on the turntable, I'll post a dropbox link later in the week to download your pictures from but I'll leave you with these two in the meantime :cool:
Thanks, sure your photos will look much better than mine, I regret not washing the Civic before this now, was last washed nearly a week ago, other than the wheels.

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not sure why you wouldn’t, especially if you had something like a 911 or Evora!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I wasn't going to, but then thought, I'm right here, might as well, won't get another chance, my photos from it are rubbish, but the video made it worth while.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Didn’t take a photo myself on the merry go round but I waited my turn (the very end lol) and @JamieG95 showed me a few on the camera, can’t wait to see the finished pics !

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.