Best Double din to get!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

milso666

RMS Member
Drives
astra vxr
Looking for opinions on the best double din to put in my ep3 type r?? There’s one in it now was in it when I bought it but it cheap tack and not great!! All opinions would be great plz

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX
I bought a Pioneer AVH-Z5000DAB double din, quite pricy but came with DAB, CD/DVD, Apple/Android CarPlay and couple video inputs for cameras, all of which I was after.
Looked at other manufacturers but Pioneer ticked all boxes.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
If you have An iPhone the Pioneer SPA120 is the cheapest way to get CarPlay in double din. They now have a DAB version of it out as wel.

I’ve two of them so that’s a fair endorsement. One in the lotus the other in my saab.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
I have the SPA120 also, only gripe is the FM reception, but that may be down to me not hooking up the correct wire to power the antenna amp.

About to fit a Kenwood DAB into the wifes motor, just priced a fitting kit - bloody expensive at £244 Search - CTKMB22

davyk31

RMS Regular
How do people sort the DAB aerial if fitting into an older car. Would love to have DAB, Bluetooth and USb input in my old Polo runaround.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Buy an aerial for around a tenner, take it up from the stereo on to the front passenger side of the windscreen, removing the pillar trim. Scrape off some paint for the earth bond and stick it on. @davyk31 . Some guides on dynamicsounds site or Youtube

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Buy an aerial for around a tenner, take it up from the stereo on to the front passenger side of the windscreen, removing the pillar trim. Scrape off some paint for the earth bond and stick it on. @davyk31 . Some guides on dynamicsounds site or Youtube

Yup, dead easy.

I had a Pioneer in the TTS and Kenwood in the X5 and both were fantastic. I probably preferred the Kenwood a little as the OS was a bit smoother and it had a rotary volume knob.

I see I'm still the only person that didn't get on with the SPA120!

Bigadamski

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I also have the pioneer SPA 120 with a reversing camera hooked up. As for the dab, I use radioplayer on the headunit when my phone is connected and can access all stations! Mrs likes listening to Magic fm in the car for some bizarre reason lol

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
After a week with the kenwood ddx4015dab and my own pioneer sp 120. My preference is the pioneer. Much better screen , brighter, glossy and therefore easier to see when the sun is out. Did you get sorted @milso666 ?

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
After a week with the kenwood ddx4015dab and my own pioneer sp 120. My preference is the pioneer. Much better screen , brighter, glossy and therefore easier to see when the sun is out. Did you get sorted @milso666 ?

The 4015 is a wee bit dated now, it was a 4018 I had (I think) and definitely preferred it to the Pioneer.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Where did you get your aerial?

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
Im about to buy a double din carplay headunit and was going to buy the Pioneer SPH 130DAB that keeps getting mentioned but when I went to see it I hated the radio screen with the pic of old fashioned radio dial. I couldn't see any way of getting rid of this so it put me off. now looking at the Alpine ILX700 units as they are also edge to edge glass and that's the look I want as don't really want a load of buttons on it . he ilx700 doesn't have dab tho I don't have dab at the min so think ill be fine with FM as long as I get carplay and spotify ill be happy. Anyone here using the ILX 700??

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Sorry to chip in but I'm looking a double din myself and thinking touchscreen.

Kenwood DMX-110BT

Why so cheap?

All I'm worried about is can I connect my Bluetooth to it, will it connect when I start the car up and can I adjust the equalizer settings.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.