Night heater

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I fitted 1 of the cheap units in a horse lorry and 1 in a camper a couple of years ago and both are working fine as far as I know. Simple install, and the 1 in the camper was fed straight from the diesel tank in the vehicle to save mounting the extra tank as space was limited.

Must actually get another ordered for the wife’s wee horse lorry.

Apis

RMS Regular
OP
Apis
Drives
various
I fitted 1 of the cheap units in a horse lorry and 1 in a camper a couple of years ago and both are working fine as far as I know. Simple install, and the 1 in the camper was fed straight from the diesel tank in the vehicle to save mounting the extra tank as space was limited.

Must actually get another ordered for the wife’s wee horse lorry.

thanks Nicky like yourself, I don't really have a convenient place to put the small tank and
would hope to pipe this to the vehicle's tank. I see webasto/eberspacher pickup pipes on ebay for around £20+ that seem to be for this kind of job. Do you reckon that's the handiest way to tap into to the diesel supply?
Fuel Tank Standpipe Pick Up Diesel Eberspacher Webasto 565MM 5MM OD X 3MM ID | eBay
It's a coachbuilt Autocruise built on a 2000 Pug Boxer 1.9TD with the tank under front passenger seat/feet. Top is accessible from a small hatch in the front cab floor.

Apis

RMS Regular
OP
Apis
Drives
various
Yes I found the group but they are not keen on newbees just asking before they buy. It's more about technical backup. Anyway I ordered one and have since read a bit more about them on Motorhome groups. All very positive which is why I ordered one. Just haven't got it yet.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Yes I found the group but they are not keen on newbees just asking before they buy. It's more about technical backup. Anyway I ordered one and have since read a bit more about them on Motorhome groups. All very positive which is why I ordered one. Just haven't got it yet.

Be interested to hear how you get on with this, as I'm considering one for my camper aswell and would also be looking to install it using the existing fuel tank as supply

Apis

RMS Regular
OP
Apis
Drives
various
I'm going wait to see what size the small tank is that comes with it. I might be able to mount it behind the low side panels under the floor and put a filler cap on the outside of the panel with a pipe to the tank. Means I can use red diesel. Or kerosene which I heard can be a cleaner burn. Both are cheaper. But really not a big deal for all I will use. If its hassle mounting the tank I'll just pipe to the van tank. Just haven't decided yet.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I hear what you're saying, but for sheer convenience I think I'd plumb it into the van tank in mine - access is handy enough under the passenger seat base

Ollie

RMS Regular
Going to order one for the work van. But from what I've gathered ordering and getting what you want is a bit of a mine field.

I've heard you want one of the new ones with an all aluminium body. The new blue control panel and a red remote. I also want a 5kw one for the size of the van.

Apis

RMS Regular
OP
Apis
Drives
various
Got mine installed and working in the van pumping from a can of diesel but not fully plumbed in yet. Great heat from it too.
I've even seen someone online using them to heat conservatories and sheds. Fantastic kit for the money.

The FB group that ollie mentioned ^ is very good. See the FAQs for pdf of instructions etc.

Ollie

RMS Regular
Last edited:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
If i lived in a cold climate id have one of those in the car :grinning:

Ollie

RMS Regular
20181220_151409.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I’ve 2 coming. Hopefully here tomorrow or Saturday all being well.

Ollie

RMS Regular
Our 5kw still going well 2 years later. Just got a 2kw for my defender. Hope to plumb into the fuel tank and keep the install clean.

20201210_201256.jpg