Crash repair recommendations - Glengormley / Mallusk

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Not sure if this is the right section for this or not but anyway...........

Anybody have any recommendations as above? Wife had a bit of a bump in our street last night, car is driveable but just don't fancy having to take it too far in it's current state to get quoted.

Not a small job - going to need cross member, chassis leg, slam panel, bumper, arch liner etc. from a quick initial look last night.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received!

Thanks!

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Yeah sounds abit bad Roy. If your stuck I can put it on my truck to bring it anywhere, there is aboy in mallusk il try and get his name/number here

Reactions: RWL

RWL

RMS Regular
OP
RWL
Drives
A6 Allroad
Oh aye, she's grand. Came down the bit of a hill into our street and didn't get stopped at the bottom. Straight into a concrete post at the end of number 45's driveway (we are number 31 lol).

It's an 2008 Yaris. Just bent the very end of the leg where the cross member bolts on, haven't got looking at it too close yet. I imagine it will be close as to whether it is worth fixing or not - was due to go for sale at the end of the month when she was done driving up and down to L'Derry every day. Had the new car bought months ago (Beetle) so she's away in it today.

RWL

RMS Regular
OP
RWL
Drives
A6 Allroad
Worth travelling to WJ Blair's in doagh not too much further away

Cheers, will try him (y)

Any body/paint work I've ever needed done before has been done by A S Car Body Repairs but he is in Donaghadee. Don't fancy chancing the Yaris as far as there hence looking for some recommendations a bit more local.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Cheers, will try him (y)

Any bodywork I've ever needed done before has been done by A S Car Body Repairs but he is in Donaghadee. Don't fancy chancing the Yaris as far as there hence looking for some recommendations a bit more local.
Know Alan very well, great lad

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Alan Sharkey, just out before OMA down a wee lane. Good man and been at it all his life

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
There’s a boy we’re I have marked in yellow Iv delivered damage stuff from Mcgarritys, still waiting on a name and number but maybe worth a call round mate?

Attachments

• B270B51F-ADBB-48FF-9CD9-7A200DC8DE47.jpeg
    B270B51F-ADBB-48FF-9CD9-7A200DC8DE47.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 97

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Worth travelling to WJ Blair's in doagh not too much further away
To fix an 08 Yaris that likely needs pulled .surely it’s not going to pay to get that done .Blairs done work for me before and a friend also and done a great job both times .his paintwork on my friends car was fantastic .

RWL

RMS Regular
OP
RWL
Drives
A6 Allroad
Could well be the case but it'll not cost anything to let someone have a look and confirm one way or another. If there are crash cans on the end of the legs I don't actually think it will need pulled - looks to only be bent at the very end where the bolts from the cross member attach. Will know on Friday afternoon hopefully!

Last edited:

colin84

RMS Regular
I don't think you will get what you need at Blair's. I was there recently for a quote to have corrosion taken care of on our A4, which needs 2 wings, a bootlid and the rear arches repaired, and the quote was 6 grand.

RWL

RMS Regular
OP
RWL
Drives
A6 Allroad
I don't think you will get what you need at Blair's. I was there recently for a quote to have corrosion taken care of on our A4, which needs 2 wings, a bootlid and the rear arches repaired, and the quote was 6 grand.

That seems a bit steep now alright!

@Roy Little would you not bash it beck together yourself?

My first thought last night was frig it, I'll cable tie the bumper back on and it'll do rightly lol, but from the quick look I had it's too bad / there are too many parts involved for me to start into it unfortunately and I wouldn't be happy selling it on if I had only half assed it back together. I'll see what the diagnosis is when I am free to take it somewhere on Friday afternoon!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Insurance job I assume?

If not, by the time you pay out for the repair I’d say that would be greater than what you’d lose when you come to sell if you do the repairs yourself. If it’s not insurance, I’d just fix it and drive on.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.