Mk4 Toyota Supra TT

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Slowly but surely getting it across all sites, I already have an offer from a guy in the US.

I'd rather it went to America so I never have to see it again.

Jonny and I have been talking for a while about Evos, I've always wanted a car that I can enjoy around Kirkistown without the fear of wrecking it. So overall I think I'd have more fun in an Evo for track days and the like.

Will most likely be a well sorted Evo 5 or 6.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Slowly but surely getting it across all sites, I already have an offer from a guy in the US.

Jonny and I have been talking for a while about Evos, I've always wanted a car that I can enjoy around Kirkistown without the fear of wrecking it. So overall I think I'd have more fun in an Evo for track days and the like.

That would be epic! I'm not sure if you have done any track days, but it's the best craic ever. Though I went even cheaper and went for an EP3. There is a big power white Evo that laps round too.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom

If it’s being exported, right enough the plate be lost in the system. If ya want it sold and it’s not mad money let me know.

Gambit

RMS Regular

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
Nice car, but I think the supra is twice the car

i agree with Trev here, the supra is more than twice the car, if it was me and id a bit of disposable income, id be keeping the supra and savin up for something cheaper for the track days like a 192 clio/ honda civic type R etc etc etc

i think ur nuts, the evo is a nice wagon and very well spec'd dont get me wrong, but the supra man, its a beast and an absolute beaut.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
As above - keep the Supra and buy this Renault Clio 172 Cup Road Legal Track Car for Sale - RMS Classifieds

The Evo is class though, but the cynical part of me expects that everyone who's 'driven' it has ragged the balls off it! Being a demo car n all, only slightly slower than a hire car and surprised something like that left Japan - why would it not of been sold locally, unless it was about to go bang maybe?

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
As someone who's actually owned a Supra for any length of time maybe I could shed a light on what they are actually like. ..

They are beautiful cars to look at but for me there was always something lacking in the way they drive. They are fantastic in a straight line, but eventually that becomes a little bit boring and life is too short to own a car that you are bored of driving.

Traction is a major issue on any Supra no matter the power level, the rear end is too light. Any sign of rain on the roads and I don't feel comfortable planting the foot, so it stays at home. Not ideal to own in a country that has 5 dry days a year.

This car gets attention like no other I've owned but I don't really care about that, I'd rather own something like I can take for a drive no matter the weather.

There's much more I could say but at the end of the day it's just a car and if anyone shocked at this decision wants to buy it and actually own one let me know

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
After seeing Jonnys special Evo V I dont blame you for wanting one ... seriously cool cars and also bang for buck theres not much that can sit with it in terms of enjoyment and power etc.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
As someone who's actually owned a Supra for any length of time maybe I could shed a light on what they are actually like. ..

They are beautiful cars to look at but for me there was always something lacking in the way they drive. They are fantastic in a straight line, but eventually that becomes a little bit boring and life is too short to own a car that you are bored of driving.

Traction is a major issue on any Supra no matter the power level, the rear end is too light. Any sign of rain on the roads and I don't feel comfortable planting the foot, so it stays at home. Not ideal to own in a country that has 5 dry days a year.

This car gets attention like no other I've owned but I don't really care about that, I'd rather own something like I can take for a drive no matter the weather.

There's much more I could say but at the end of the day it's just a car and if anyone shocked at this decision wants to buy it and actually own one let me know

Your car, as long as your happy (y):cool: