Tr7 V8 Fast Road/sprint/trackday Restoration Project.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
I have the SBD flat shift and auto blip but I can’t seem to get it to take the gear without clutching, don’t know if the cable isn’t man enough to pull it into gear or if there’s a problem with the flat shift wiring

Where is the load cell sensor / potentiometer on the system?

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Where is the load cell sensor / potentiometer on the system?

It’s mounted on the end of the gear change cable and attached to the gear selector on the side of the engine

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
It’s mounted on the end of the gear change cable and attached to the gear selector on the side of the engine

Get her plumbed in!

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
I have the Flatshifter Expert system going into the Midget on the Elite Gearbox! Hoping it’s a good job!

Well I’ve only had my car out once but I was very impressed with it, literally use the clutch off the line and never touch it again until stopping. Blips were perfect too!

@Rob I’m not familiar with that one but it could be the cable, I’m using a rod setup and my sensor etc is on the horizontal rod before the pivot. Having previously used a cable and the feel with the rods is so much better.

Reactions: IL

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Trying to Tick Jobs off the List once and for all..

Finalised the Cradle for carrying the Fuel Tank, Alloy straps Made straps up and installed / hung from the Chassis legs.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

I think, I can call the Fuel system complete, nice clean floor, one little cover required for over the inlet / outlets

IMG_2879.jpg

Also had a Spherical Bearing on the steering column wasn't dying about the finished look of it.

Had this Piece of Alloy Milled down roughly and Oilite bush pressed in.

IMG_2812.jpg

Abit of fitting with the file to adjust the profile and it slots in nicely...

IMG_2871.jpg

Paint soon :party:

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
@Rob as the other guys have said... there must be an issue with the wiring or the load sensor (or there may be adjustment on the sensor ?)

i have the flatshifter pro on my Jedi (K5 GSXR engine) and its awesome.... flat up and blip down.... and mine is on cable (via stick shift) works perfect

Last edited:

PhilM

RMS Regular
I’ve got some love back for it!

The creeping pace still bothers me, but you know how it is yourself!

I know how the go slow can grind on your enthusiasm yes, but at least you have good excuse for taking your time - top quality build.
my 4 cyclinder jap scrap should have been running months ago.

Still cant wait to see this out.

Phil

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Slowly ;-)
Just spent a couple of days reading through this. Given that it’s a sentimental build I understand your patience!!

Really looking forward to seeing the end result, as I’m sure you are. :grinning:

It puts the year I’ve spent resurrecting the MG B into perspective.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Thanks Chaps,

The car is packed up now and getting shipped off tomorrow

for its final Tick list of fabrication Odds and Ends & 1st Fix of wiring loom, fuse boxes, switch panels etc.

A couple of weeks should see it ready for Media Blasting and Paint.

B0782A35-8ED4-4744-9530-A818D4D8684B.jpeg

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
I cannot seem to find someone who is willing to blast, clean down and Prime the shell in the one day.

Having spoken to Blairs Bodyshop, the aim is now to have it blasted in the Morning (somewhere), Loaded into the Shuttle and delivered to them in Doagh for Priming in the afternoon.

There also seems to be a huge Variation in what people are charging aswell, My Shell has been blasted before, all the sealer and guff has been removed a long time ago so its a straight forward job & I can supply a split.

Any suggestions for Media Blasting Handy to Belfast?

Last edited:

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
@slickcell

You know a blaster that done your chassis?

There's a boy out in Downpatrick who quoted me £300 then another guy out in Hilltown who does mobile 'dust-free' blasting. He quoted me £200. I went to some rogue out in Newry who did it for £100 but that's because I didn't need some fancy 'media blast'

• Haha

PhilM

RMS Regular
If you know exactly what your after you could have it blasted in Bangor and painted next door the same day I’m sure

But might have to open your wallet a wee touch for the paintIng

Sandblasting NI ANd Howells accident repair centre.

Phil