Andy Cooper Interviewed on the History of RMS on the Reload Podcast

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Well after a cheeky remark about getting @Cooper on the podcast he actually messaged us about doing it and we had the pleasure of having him in.

Covering 20 plus years of RMS, drifting, track days and general silliness was never going to be easy and even on our longest episode I feel like we only scratched the surface.

If anyone wants to hear our glorious leader's story check it out on any of these links.

Thanks again @Cooper it was great fun and even got out in the Exige after 😁

If anyone wants to see supporting pics or videos check out @reloadpodcast on IG and I'll update the FB tonight

Thanks
Connor

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
I did laugh at that myself @pablo but imo cat p could only be a good thing 😂

It was great doing this episode. We're trying to keep things light hearted but also showcase what the automotive scene here is all about. We'll have others on too from around the UK and the rest of the world as we have done before to give an insight to what's happening globally but it's great to show of what we have at home too.

I've known Cooper for years and a lot of what he told us was news to me and there are so many untold stories from people here too. We look forward to putting those out there.

Connor

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
@Rocko that was me. I couldn't let a pic of you looking like you tried out for Oasis go untagged 😂

From my own wife!
Screenshot_20200712-173507_Instagram.jpg

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Some of the pics for context:

Corolla:
1594576161060.jpeg

RMS V1
1594576319031.jpeg

Carlton on Roof:
1594576619420.png

Senator at Kirkistown:
1594576346870.png

Skyline at Fintona:
1594576333100.png

The overnight boost fix: S14 at Rockingham
1594576653175.png

One of my many trips covering events in GB, I took this pic which made it into the mags standing beside Keiichi Tsuchiya (aka drift king)
1594576942902.png

S14 Build:
1594577058018.png

This was the day I worked out why the s14 kept cutting out - hitting the key with my knee!
1594577038296.png

S14a the same day I broke the key for my A6 (also pictured) closing the bonnet pins:
1594576386574.png

Making smokes:
1594577104792.png

RMS meet:

1594576436792.png

European Drift Championship with helmet hair

1594576737997.png

Myself and @sidewaysbuff competing:
1594576896842.png

E46 M3 at the Ring with @mattyc :
1594576806130.png

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I always remember you putting up a post when you had the corolla and the police chased you up the M2 claiming they were well into triple figures to catch you yet your car could barely break into triple figures

I loved the kit you had on that car

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I always remember you putting up a post when you had the corolla and the police chased you up the M2 claiming they were well into triple figures to catch you yet your car could barely break into triple figures

Yep over the A8 which is a fair hill for a 1.3. With a memory like that Ross you could have done the interview for me 😂

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira

Also @Dominoka this was my first VR4 encounter. The second was a real sickener you can get a laugh at me about next time!

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
Really enjoyable listen and as a relatively new member it’s great to hear about where things began. @Cooper I don’t think I’ve ever met you but feel like I know you a bit now after that!

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
Great listen @Cooper - very jealous hearing how accessible drifting was back in the day. Was also saying to @natogreen16v how great an asset RMS has become - this podcast sparked a few memories and was able to go back and find photos from the events and meets.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
@stuartyvilla I always loved the S14 myself. I didn't know half the stuff Andy talked about regarding it.

@Cooper you're gona break her heart over VR4s 😂

@Alemsee I'm on RMS 14 years and learned a lot. Lol. I'm sure plenty of the older members know the story but it was interesting to me.

@ST Colin if you want to keep up with what's happening here we'll be covering a lot more locals.

@clrrk I'm a massive advocate for forums. I've lost so many good build threads due to them closing down so knowing @Cooper 's passion for RMS is as strong as ever is great. It amazes me the forum does so well when others are dying off so quick.

@Paddy_R thank you

Thanks everyone for the feedback. We're planning to have Andy back on at some point but if you can think of anyone else you'd want to hear let us know

Connor