Tr7 V8 Fast Road/sprint/trackday Restoration Project.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
My List is now complete - Final Job 10Litres of Oil & A Set of new plugs..

IMG_7295.jpeg

The car is now ready to be fired up as soon as it's wired, TDP are writing the Base Map this week & Doing a full Pin out Diagram for the wiring Chap to follow.

IMG_7300.jpeg

No oil on the Floor so far from Priming via the Oil pump etc but obviously fire up and full oil pressure will test that..

Hopefully away this weekend for wiring, he reckons 5/6 week turnaround..

Zach57

RMS Regular
Just finished getting caught up on this thread. It’s an incredible build/piece of art and your attention to the details is something else. I look forward to seeing and hearing it in the flesh 👍

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Just finished getting caught up on this thread. It’s an incredible build/piece of art and your attention to the details is something else. I look forward to seeing and hearing it in the flesh 👍

Thanks Zach, can’t wait to get a drive in it.. hopefully it is tameable without any major modifications!

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
9 Year Anniversary of starting this today!

D249E7E4-03A2-413B-9918-7DC9A6286292.jpeg

Finally almost there - the car was left for wiring 4 weeks ago, feedback from the spark is that the main loom is almost complete.. Engine loom still to do.

Postal service was horrendous over Christmas so still waiting on a few plugs for various senders & thanks to @Woodcutter for a batch of R8 Coil packs at a keen price :grinning:

Hoping for fire-up in the next few weeks 😁

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Good going keeping at it for that long, and all worth it as its an awesome thing you have made with the end (of the build, of course loads of tweaking will be done) in sight.

I have a feeling my next car build will be a very long one due to budget constraints.

• Sad
Reactions: IL

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Good going keeping at it for that long, and all worth it as its an awesome thing you have made with the end (of the build, of course loads of tweaking will be done) in sight.

I have a feeling my next car build will be a very long one due to budget constraints.

I feel your pain, I think after the Datsun findings I would need a break from projects for a while!

My next project will be a Bigger Garage!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
A big garage would definitely be high on the list!

Main problem with that is somewhere to put it :joy: :innocent:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
I feel your pain, I think after the Datsun findings I would need a break from projects for a while!
I won't have the desire to do another car build or a while. I'll do a cafe racer build next. But at some point once I've recovered rom the Datsun I'll probably want to try and mate an LSX or even better an SB4 V8 with an FD3S.

My next project will be a Bigger Garage!
For sure that would be very useful.

Finishing my garage is a project that needs completed before any future car builds take place.

And make sure you make it bigger than you think you need, because they are never big enough.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
Finally almost there - the car was left for wiring 4 weeks ago, feedback from the spark is that the main loom is almost complete.. Engine loom still to do.

Hoping for fire-up in the next few weeks 😁

Still Getting Wired :sweat:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, I think it'd be best to swerve the test centre or someone would be breaking out their IVA handbook lol... :p

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaguar XF
oh and 1 positive came of waiting so long, found out that car was built in 1981 and registered in ‘82 so it is now Tax & MOT Exempt 8o|:p
You 100% sure about that?

"Vehicles of Historical Interest are vehicles manufactured or first registered over 40 years ago and are no longer in production. These vehicles must not have been substantially changed within the last 30 years."

I think you're pushing it a little on the 'not substantially'.... lol.

If you've £43 in change lying down the back of the sofa, this may be of interest

Damn fine job so far, really looking forward to seeing it completed.

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
@Statler I have already read all the info - substantially is open to interpretation, this is just a full resto per the factory homologation Cars :p

Heritage cert is in the post already! :grinning:

Thanks, I’m excited to see it finished..