Arch repair (with patching) around Belfast/Antrim area

pablo

RMS Moderator
Hi all, the 997 needs some arch tidying which is 99% involve patching up for a proper job. You cant buy repair panels so any patches etc need to be fabbed. Could yous recommend anyone able to do this? My fallback is AG up the north coast but someone local would be even better. I dont need perfection, but I dont want them going again in 6 months like they are now (previous repair just blew them over).

I tried Blairs in Doagh but they werent interested unless off the shelf sections were available which is fair enough.

Cheers.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
We've used a guy Gerry Logan in Antrim Road through work a few times, hes a bit old school and one man band which might work in your favour. We havent used him in a while, so no recent examples of his work, but worth a call - 07887762021

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I love Gerry but not on a 911 lol
Can understand that alright, he never worked at anything that needed finesse for us, so unfair to judge him on it, but maybe thats the type of work that suits him!

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
dont get me wrong Ive had heaps of stuff done by him but its at a price point.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Ive used and will be using probably down the line PAW Fabrication in Carrick. Hes done all the welding on the range rover.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Ive used and will be using probably down the line PAW Fabrication in Carrick. Hes done all the welding on the range rover.
he will know how to patch then lol. I wouldnt be against getting the fab somewhere then the paint elsewhere. He paint too?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
he will know how to patch then lol. I wouldnt be against getting the fab somewhere then the paint elsewhere. He paint too?

No he's only fab work

Paint wise he did recommend the body shop in Carrick I'll get the name. But I used a place in island Magee ... very good

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Your probably best to get it done in 2 places. Most good painters don’t really get involved in the fabrication work,
Could try this guy from out near Ballyclare direction. Check bakebook for some of his work. I don’t know him just seen his page somewhere. Stitt auto repair on islandMagee prob do it all too,

3E6ADA21-A801-46F1-AA41-48A34C200579.png
4FBDBB52-09FC-44CD-BBDA-0A9AE995604B.png

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Richard Henning, Rick's Garage outside Lisburn.

He is the best I have seen and his work is always perfect.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
That’s Blair’s who didn’t want to do it

are you sure? They are different places unless I’m mistaken. HT are right in the centre of Doagh with Blair on out a road on the left. Unless they have became one?

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
In my opinion, it’s a 911, take it to AG and have it done right.

Even if you don’t care about the outcome, the next owner will.

I’m not saying no other bodyshop will do a good job. But you know AG will. And in my experience it’s a gamble trying somewhere you haven’t before.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Even if you don’t care about the outcome, the next owner will.
Spending extra money to please the next owner is madness.

Spoke to blairs there (the right one this time) and the best option is to try to get 2 arch cuts off a scrapper. This will both get the cost down and also make the job quicker. I dont want it lying in a yard for months.

I dont mind paying for a good job but no point over egging it either. Its an 04 911 with 110k on it, never going to be a collectors item. If AG were closer Id be defo paying them a visit.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I 100% agree AG are good. I’ve used them and would again. But there are many many other boys operating that can do a good job too. We guy at bottom of 7 mile straight done my skyline bumpers, Astra bumper, dads Tiguan bumper and honestly some of the best work I’ve seen, period. Easily on par with AG.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
In my case it’s the arch work that needs to be top notch to avoid a reoccurrence. The paint I’ll take 9/10 on.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Sammy Reid could likely sort it all, if you haven’t settled on blair. Cool metal customs he was known as, years ago. Responsible for doing the full evo 7 restoration job years ago on here ‘slow’ in millennium jade.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
No it isn't, Harry Todd is HT.

I think hes worked that out already (y)

... I wouldn't use Blairs again, never met a more ignorant bunch and work wasnt even that great.

Have you tried Ryan White @ Nufinish?

That place in Carrick that PAW Fabrication reccomended was Auto Finish Car Body Repairs