New 2020 BMW 4 Series leaks ahead of tomorrow's unveiling

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
They really have got lardy haven't they. I know the one below is a non-M car, but going by that visual, the grill on the M3/M4 must be about half the size of the entire front of the E30.

1620901230911.png

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
I may have just seen that red one down in Ards, it was a red new M3 anyway!

Bavarian have this brooklyn grey M4 with jet black alloys in the showroom and it’s absolutely stunning, pictures don’t get close to doing it justice, so aggressive looking and love all the contrasting black against the grey 😍

9D23AF43-7702-41FB-8F67-70A66195D498.jpeg
70424F48-ED8A-4996-9B9C-F602E211A3C0.jpeg
0B029F96-AB22-4519-BD22-7FF0B75965CD.jpeg

MarkM

RMS Regular
Side profile is just all wrong, looks photoshop stretched lol
Having seen a few in the flesh now, I’d say I’ll not have another BMW, plot has been lost!

Reactions: Ben

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I like that too. I really really hated them when they came out but then I didn’t like the previous m3/M4 at the start either

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Yea I just can’t get past the grill it’s shocking. Same with that new bmw 4x4 they’re just awful looking.

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Each to their own I guess 🤷‍♂️ I think it’s absolutely incredible looking, literally nothing I would change about it. Think the big grill looks much better than the mock ups with the old grill.

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
Yea they’re growing on me a bit but I just can’t look past the grill. I’d like to see one in person to make my mind up.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I actually think the rear diffuser looks worse than the front grille. It looks like they made a diffuser, inflated it and then used a junior hack saw to do the cutouts around the exhaust

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Just because there's an arse for every seat doesn't mean those arses can see. This is never going to be pretty unless we naturally grow bored of current aesthetics and appreciate the new design simply because it's different . It will always be fugly.

RevT

RMS Regular
I could cope with the M3 but jesus the M4’s are wowful! In fairness though, I hated the last 4 series too.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Saw a snot green one in Warrenpoint during the week and have to say it's every bit worse in person

It may be because I watched the video where the designer pointed out everything wrong with three lines of the car, I will admit it looks better in certain colours, but it's clear that the Chinese market has had a huge impact on the styling.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I think Joe's looks excellent. The colour is so much better than the green.

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
I saw a black M4 a few days ago and quite liked it as the grill wasn’t so obvious.