Gaz86's 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo II RS

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Nearly ready to pull the engine and running gear out now. Also got the rest of the interior bits off the pallet and cleaned up πŸ‘πŸ»

Will have to fabricate a rotisserie in the coming weeks

I've also spent far too much this past couple of weeks on bits for this πŸ™ˆ Evo 3 bumper, skirts and rear spats coming from Malaysia and Indonesia, along with brand new headlights and orange indicators

Also picked this up on eBay, an original 1994 Rally Australia sticker from the collection of Martin Holmes 😎

IMG_20220514_103050.jpg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
How did I miss this!😱 awesome mate. Considering what you did with the Mazda, this will be mint! What a project!😍

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Was the first video that came up. The previous owner drove it a lot harder!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
I've just discovered this car wasn't imported in 2000, it was imported on 1st July 2005 by a dealer in Craigavon somewhere and wasn't even registered in my friends name as he and his father had intended to track the car. They only did two track days at Kirkistown and was stored in quite a warm chicken shed (away from the birds) which explains it's remarkable condition 😁 Don't know how I didn't notice this on the HPI check. Good to know it's never suffered any of our weather πŸ‘πŸ»

He said he should still have the receipt from when he bought it which will be nice to have

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I've just discovered this car wasn't imported in 2000, it was imported on 1st July 2005 by a dealer in Craigavon somewhere and wasn't even registered in my friends name as he and his father had intended to track the car. They only did two track days at Kirkistown and was stored in quite a warm chicken shed (away from the birds) which explains it's remarkable condition 😁 Don't know how I didn't notice this on the HPI check. Good to know it's never suffered any of our weather πŸ‘πŸ»

He said he should still have the receipt from when he bought it which will be nice to have
ya dancer!!

Can't say better than that!

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
I've just discovered this car wasn't imported in 2000, it was imported on 1st July 2005 by a dealer in Craigavon somewhere and wasn't even registered in my friends name as he and his father had intended to track the car. They only did two track days at Kirkistown

Doublechecked the archive and we have a winner:

Kirkistown 26.3.06 006.jpg

Taken 26th March 2006 at a Kirkistown Trackskills day πŸ™‚

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
I had an Evo 1 with full roll cage.

Best car I've had, or best memories anyway.

the 1 came with a 4g63t also.

I've a front strut brace and a few other things lying about for them still.

Ping me a DM with what other bits you have, you may have something I'm interested in πŸ‘πŸ»

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Got a bit more work done tonight and a couple of deliveries from Latvia and Malaysia 😁 Evo 3 front bumper and sideskirts. Still waiting on the rear spats coming from Indonesia. I also managed to source a new front windscreen which arrives on Monday

IMG_20220520_202129.jpg

IMG_20220520_204848.jpg

I also picked up this 1995 Rally Argentina decal, again from Martin Holmes collection 😎

IMG_20220520_185307.jpg

Last edited:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Yesterday I ordered the steel to make the rotisserie so just have to wait for that to arrive before I can go much further. Could be another week or two apparently.

I spent a couple of hours the other night removing old cracked sound deadening from the spare wheel well (not fun) and beating out a couple of dents in the rear drivers side pocket πŸ‘πŸ»

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Going full on then Gary? Brilliant, should make a great motor when done. :heart_eyes:

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Going full on then Gary? Brilliant, should make a great motor when done. :heart_eyes:

May as well. This is going to be my last project build and since it's already a pretty rare car (and will probably be worth a pretty penny when it's mint) it's definitely worth doing right so no half measures πŸ‘πŸ» in another few weeks all being well it'll be stripped to its knickers and ready to get the underside sand blasted ready for some serious underbody protection for being resprayedπŸ‘ŒπŸ» Staying white of course

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Fair play to you, that's class! Putting me to shame lol

Gaz86

RMS Regular
OP
Gaz86
Fair play to you, that's class! Putting me to shame lol

Well for me it's a learning experience, I enjoy picking up new skills. I bought the MX5 to cut my teeth at mechanicing and think I learned a fair bit in doing so but I've never really done any bodywork so I see this as an opportunity to do some of that. With this I'm going to teach myself to weld and repair bodywork although it only needs a few small patches I'll enjoy it all the same ☺️ obviously I'll be doing a lot of test bits on scraps before I touch the car lol