a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Don't give up on it, it really does work. Basically use it instead of Ultragloss once every few months. Make sure the car is still wet, use the right dilution, then spray on and immediately rinse same as with Ultragloss. Except instead of a gentle "sheeting" as you might with Ultragloss, give it a proper rinse. You should see straight away how the coating "wakes up" again.

It doesn't matter if there's still a wee bit of spots once it dries. Hybrid should deal with it, worst case another wash with Gleam definitely does.

It's best done when it's cooler, and not in direct sun. Like an overcast day.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
If it’s streaky it may be too concentrated.

A 30:1 mix is more than sufficient for a declog

Bad news is you’ll need to wash it with a mitt again and some gleam

10:1 in a spray bottle as most machines will dilute approx 20:1 themselves (1lt water in a foam cannon on full setting into a bucket of water and measure how much is in the bucket when the 1lt water is empty)

This will give approx 200:1 mix

Sorry if I haven’t included a trigger head. I’ll pop one in the post for you tomorrow

I'll go for that next time with the UltraFoam, but couldn't believe how well everything worked, amazing! I've a load of AG, AF and Megs interior, dressings polishes and stuff to use up then I'll be getting all your other products too. Maybe I won't wait until they're done!

Don't worry about the trigger Ross, no need to post one. I just took one off an almost empty bottle of window stuff I had that fitted and sprayed perfectly. As soon as I sprayed the Cleanse in the 750ml I thought it was a bit too high volume for a QD.

IMG_20220515_203254.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Put a big (for me anyway) order in this morning including Cleanse. Then while I was washing the car this afternoon I found a pretty much unused 5L of Wheel Cleanse which I’ve obviously had for about 10 years! Will have to get it used up first,

How often do you use Purge on wheels? I’ve had a bottle for ages and only used it once.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Any sign of the 2.5 litre Purge being available yet Ross?
I’m expecting delivery tail end of this week.

Received my TSS notification which means it’s in English docks cleared for movement

@Lyons - if you’ve cleanse you’ll only need to use Purge 3 or 4 times per year as a decontamination wash and routine

Martyn

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp - any chance you could concoct something along the lines of this:

I am very sure it would sell well.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
@Big Pimp - any chance you could concoct something along the lines of this:

I am very sure it would sell well.

I use the BH version - cheap for a small bottle and will last forever as mixes down to 4% I think

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just drive around the block and apply the brakes... Brake discs are untreated mild steel, they rust..

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Do you have a link?

Different mix ratios for different jobs Eg brake discs after washing, underneath car etc
But that tub would last forever

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just realised I needed a 4th IK sprayer. Not worth an order on its own, but let me know if you’re in my neck of the woods anytime soon and I could meet you.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Finally, I got some time to get around to testing and comparing a few products I got recently. First of all a big shout out to @Big Pimp for letting me test the new Hydro Coat.

First thing I put to the test was Articulate, Citra Clean and KKD Citrus Magic. Dilution ratios were as per instruction, about 15mls Articulate, 50mls Citra Clean and 50mls KKD Citrus Magic all into a 1ltr bottle

View attachment 354292

Car hasnt been washed since early January as i wanted to give the pre-wash a good test. Process was,
  • No pre-soak
  • Articulate below door handle, Citra Clean in the middle, KKD on the right
  • Dwell for 2 minutes
  • Powerhose the whole door
View attachment 354293

As you can see, Articulate didn't seem to move much of anything (maybe needed a stronger dilution), Citra Clean and KKD both did the job expected of them and I'd say Citra Clean removed more dirt than KKD.

I then went over to the passenger side and this time didn't bother with Articulate. Citra Clean was applied on the left and KKD on the right with the same process as above. I then swiped the panel with my finger and you can clearly see more dirt was left behind on the KKD side.

View attachment 354294
View attachment 354295
View attachment 354296

I'll not be replacing my pre-wash with KKD, I'll stick with Citra Clean. 1ltr of KKD is about £16 and Citra Clean is £15 (before RMS discount) for 1.2ltr. Cost per litre, KKD - 80p, Citra Clean - 62.5p

Next I moved onto the contact wash and prepping the paint back to bare paint before applying the new Hydro Coat. I tested Garage Therapy's /Zero Decon Shampoo. Instruction is 50mls to 20ltr of water (or 65mls if you want it to work a bit harder) This is a strip wash as I had a dying CarChem Ceramic Shampoo left on the paint and the Decon Shampoo definitely put an end to it,

View attachment 354297
View attachment 354298

Felt slick, had enough suds in it to keep the 'if there are no suds, there's no cleaning power' brigade happy and it really Stripped what was left on the paint. After a good hosing down there was no water sheeting or beading, it just slowly fell off the car.

To complete the thorough decon I de-tarred the car (wasn't really much on it) removed the iron fallout (was in need of this) and then re-foamed, clayed and a thorough rinse down of the car before applying the coating.

View attachment 354299

So, to spice things up a little, I am going to test it against a market leader in this type of coating, GTechniq Easy Coat,

View attachment 354303

Application for both is identical, but something I noticed between Hydro Coat and Easy Coat is that you can 'see' Hydro Coat when it's being applied, but with Easy Coat you could be mistaken if you thought you had the application dial set to 'Off' when in fact it was actually 'On'. Hydro Coat had a bit of a 'foaming' application when turned on, you just know when it's being applied and when it is not.

The next thing I noticed was that Easy Coat, once applied and hosed down, seems to bead more than Hydro Coat. I found Hydro Coat sheeted more, but both products are definitely doing a job.

I've applied Hydro Coat to the drivers side, bonnet, windscreen, roof and wheels and Easy Coat to the passenger side, boot and wheels. I'll continue to wash the car now once a week and see how the performance holds up against eachother.

Hydro Coat side,

View attachment 354301

Easy Coat side,

View attachment 354300

And being a MK5 Golf, is also applied Trim X to the rear bumper,

View attachment 354302

First of all I'd like to thanks Ross @Big Pimp for letting me test this and now about 9 weeks later the test is pretty much complete.

I spoke with Ross earlier and he was happy for me to share my thoughts and this is exactly what I'd sent him,

'Hi Ross, hope you're doing well. Just want to give you an update on the Hydro Coat vs Easy Coat.

9 weeks since application, both products are pretty much dead. Car has probably covered 5-600 miles or so in that time and had 4 washes with a pure shampoo and not had any toppers or drying aids applied (nor did I use any strong pre-wash, just foamed and hosed down before washing)

Both lasted as long as eachother in my opinion. I also think the best place for Hydro Coat would be as a bi-monthly topper to a good base protection as I don't think that either product offers much in the way of a standalone protection.

I base that on some returning rust spots on the bonnet and roof that I'd say would be protected better with a wax, sealant or ceramic coating.

Photos on a white car are obviously ****, especially on WhatsApp, but Hydro Coat was on the drivers side and Easy Coat on the passenger side and both water behaviours are flat and slow to leave the panel.

Thanks again for letting me test it and hopefully the real world experience and feedback is useful to you 👍🏼'

20220525_160914.jpg

20220525_160952.jpg

So, as a summary, Hydro Coat is a perfect accompaniment to a base protection and probably best applied every 6-8 weeks. It performs exactly the same as the GTechniq Easy Coat and matches its durability. The spray on, hose off nature of application is the main appeal of this type of product and also the fact that you will give hydrophobic characteristics to places on the car you'd never get to.

Fantastic product that matches it's competitors, thanks again Ross 👍🏼

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
First of all I'd like to thanks Ross @Big Pimp for letting me test this and now about 9 weeks later the test is pretty much complete.

I spoke with Ross earlier and he was happy for me to share my thoughts and this is exactly what I'd sent him,

'Hi Ross, hope you're doing well. Just want to give you an update on the Hydro Coat vs Easy Coat.

9 weeks since application, both products are pretty much dead. Car has probably covered 5-600 miles or so in that time and had 4 washes with a pure shampoo and not had any toppers or drying aids applied (nor did I use any strong pre-wash, just foamed and hosed down before washing)

Both lasted as long as eachother in my opinion. I also think the best place for Hydro Coat would be as a bi-monthly topper to a good base protection as I don't think that either product offers much in the way of a standalone protection.

I base that on some returning rust spots on the bonnet and roof that I'd say would be protected better with a wax, sealant or ceramic coating.

Photos on a white car are obviously ****, especially on WhatsApp, but Hydro Coat was on the drivers side and Easy Coat on the passenger side and both water behaviours are flat and slow to leave the panel.

Thanks again for letting me test it and hopefully the real world experience and feedback is useful to you 👍🏼'

View attachment 362441
View attachment 362442

So, as a summary, Hydro Coat is a perfect accompaniment to a base protection and probably best applied every 6-8 months. It performs exactly the same as the GTechniq Easy Coat and matches its durability. The spray on, hose off nature of application is the main appeal of this type of product and also the fact that you will give hydrophobic characteristics to places on the car you'd never get to.

Fantastic product that matches it's competitors, thanks again Ross 👍🏼

Did you mean 6-8 weeks?

Looks like a great test comparison though. Ross demod it to me a while ago as he had applied it to the van iirc and it looked a great job.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
So some feedback having finally got to use the products I bought months ago...

TFR - ****ing unreal!

Wheel cleaner - Average, expected better. But, maybe didn't leave long enough to dwell before foaming and washing. An old TFR I used worked better, but it wasn't in any way kind to surfaces. I will try again and report back.

Fallout - Suitably fine. Works as well as any on the market.

Foam - Didn't cling too and sit on the paint as expected, though did work very well as there was a lot of dirty suds on the ground before washing. I assume I have it watered down a bit too much, will be washing the car tomorrow and will try a different ratio.

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just a note on the DI vessel.

The water in Cambridge is basically liquid chalk and the water stains left are unreal. Fed up with the cars being worse after a wash than before, especially the black, I got a DI vessel to use over there.

It's just pure magic!

Wash the car as normal, then after applying Ultrabright at the end I rinse from a drum I fill through the DI vessel at the start. Self priming hose from that drum and through the P40 and use that for a thorough rise.

No spots of any kind. Even the glass is crystal clear. You could leave it to air dry if you wanted and there would be no spots at all.

davyk31

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp what resin do you use in your DI vessels and do you sell 25 litre bags of it? I need to buy another, have been using Tulsion MB115 for ever but don’t think it lasts as well as it used to so I’m keen to try something else.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp what resin do you use in your DI vessels and do you sell 25 litre bags of it? I need to buy another, have been using Tulsion MB115 for ever but don’t think it lasts as well as it used to so I’m keen to try something else.
I use Junger. I found the same with a refill of Tulsion and spoke to a window cleaning friend who told be about the junger range and I’ve only ever filled mine and the ones I sell with it.

you would be as well buying the 25lt bag directly from Sureclean in Omagh, and cutting out me as the middleman mate. As competitive as anyone around and who I normally buy from

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Folks, any suggestions.

Bird **** on the paint overnight and was in direct sunlight this morning.

I've tried paint renovator, polish and quick detailer. The laquer is stained but you can't feel the damage if you get me.

Any idea how to remove it?

20220529_115641.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Folks, any suggestions.

Bird **** on the paint overnight and was in direct sunlight this morning.

I've tried paint renovator, polish and quick detailer. The laquer is stained but you can't feel the damage if you get me.

Any idea how to remove it?

View attachment 362893
Some Birds seem to **** pure acid. If cutting compound isn’t shifting it on its own then it might need to be wet sanded with a bit of 2000grit and polished up.