OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
90CD6EAA-86FA-4695-85A8-9C6F11AC348A.jpeg

sure why not! 😜

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Cool car, remember seeing it at the retail park in Monaghan years ago...
Is it now 25 yr old? Meaning an easier import situation?

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Cool car, remember seeing it at the retail park in Monaghan years ago...
Is it now 25 yr old? Meaning an easier import situation?
Sorry only seeing your reply now! You probably seen it the week @Wayne D had it before I got it home.

yeah 25 year rule means I can take it in as a classic and therefore not bound by any of the crash test bull**** they have in place.

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
I was going to post “I have the Dimma 10 years… but looking back at post 1 in the thread it’s just over 11 years! Picture below was taken in early 2013 at @natogreen16v’s shed when I did an Autolifers feature on the shed…. and the shed it was sitting in😝. Car is currently in a potato shed in the wilds of Tyrone under a cover. No news on it tbh just thought I’d share how long I had it.
2D12BE64-EE22-4BCC-83F6-21858BFFF27A.jpeg

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
They have aged so well. I maybe missed it, but did your plan to take it to America never work out?

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
They have aged so well. I maybe missed it, but did your plan to take it to America never work out?
I’ve kinda had a change of heart with the idea. One the cost of shipping is silly now and the other thing is I’m worried some dimwit here would plow into me. Granted that **** could happen here in Northern Ireland but I think it is alot less likely.

Like I drive VERY carefully here and ended up getting driven into twice in the space of 3 months. Again the cost of bringing it is not helping plus the idea that I may move back home also ain’t helping lol. We’ll see it could happen yet. The car is currently eligible so that’s not a thing tbh

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I’ve kinda had a change of heart with the idea. One the cost of shipping is silly now and the other thing is I’m worried some dimwit here would plow into me. Granted that **** could happen here in Northern Ireland but I think it is alot less likely.

Like I drive VERY carefully here and ended up getting driven into twice in the space of 3 months.

It genuinely doesn't surprise me when you say that. I watch a youtube channel “Just Rolled in” and the majority customer cars are American, and it is scary how many come in with absolutely no brakes, like absolutely none, discs non-existent, pads non-existent and then decline repairs, or have wheels hanging together and decline repairs.

Anyway, it is a lovely motor, 10 years ago I wouldn’t have appreciated it as much as I would now.

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
So many POS cars on the road. If the car passes “smog” as they say it’s all good. I think the difference though is an aggressive driving style that people have here overall. Couple that with the aggressive nature of people here it’s not a good combo

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
6BFE646B-2A45-49FB-B8F2-847E90ECCE0D.jpeg

Sooo a little news. The car was picked up yesterday to go and get some work done. Red Hill Motorsport in Sligo are going to be taking care of it over the next year where all the ideas from over a decade ago are going to be started into.

Rollcage, roofskin, widened axle, underneath cleaned and sealed, brakes, suspension, wheels and some Maxi visual elements added. I’m ridiculously excited. @the306dimma on the gram if you’re interested.

IMG_2991.jpeg

I’ve been following Dave from RHM since 2007. We have similar tastes in cars the difference being he has all the skills to make my 306 dreams come true. Dave knows what he is doing - just check out his own build here Rally Restomod: The RHM Peugeot 106 Maxi - Speedhunters

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
I remember Dave starting to build that on the rallyereg back in the day. Good to see you're still at it!