£1 per mile for insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

BJ

Banned
**YEEEEEE HA young eejits off roads at night!**

Policyholders will be charged a set monthly payment, and premiums for different times of the day will be charged at different tariffs, with a personalised tariff for every mile travelled during the off-peak (between 6am and 11pm) time zone, and a flat rate of £1 a mile during peak (between 11pm and 6am) times.

Oh how I chuckle! :laughing:
Some of us started driving during the Troubles with no worries about the cops and penalty points and all this guff and the craic was 90! :lol:

The day of "robot racer" who dare not drive after 11pm or exceed a speed limit is coming! :p :laughing: :p

djlee_dj

RMS Regular
Drives
u woulda thought they would charge more for highly congested times ...ie rush hours

instead of after 11 .... how many cars are there after 11 ... only a handful compared to peak rush hour times

why do they want everyone off the road after 'dark' ?

BJ

Banned
OP
BJ
God I must be getting old as I can't see the link between car insurance and homosexuality! :oops:

what about other insurance companys have or will they follow?
A chance to clamp down and "shaft" young drivers,what do reckon? ;)

why do they want everyone off the road after 'dark' ?
You never listen to the news when they report a single vehicle accident resulting in death/injury involving a young driver late on a weekend night? :p

BJ

Banned
OP
BJ
A range of benefits include 100 free off-peak miles a month, and a built-in car locator, helping customers to find their car if it has been stolen

I'll admit that this is bollox for everyone as even I,as a normal punter,know how to disable a tracker instantly! :roll:

soundz_good

Drives
Avensis T-Spirit
Feck, When I had justpassed my test I was never in the house b4, midnight, Imagine the costs!!! A taxi would be as cheap at night!!

They should be looking at a black box that will punish grannies for causing road rage.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
BJ said:
**YEEEEEE HA young eejits off roads at night!**

Policyholders will be charged a set monthly payment, and premiums for different times of the day will be charged at different tariffs, with a personalised tariff for every mile travelled during the off-peak (between 6am and 11pm) time zone, and a flat rate of £1 a mile during peak (between 11pm and 6am) times.

Oh how I chuckle! :laughing:
Some of us started driving during the Troubles with no worries about the cops and penalty points and all this guff and the craic was 90! :lol:

The day of "robot racer" who dare not drive after 11pm or exceed a speed limit is coming! :p :laughing: :p

It was only a matter of time. At the moment its at least introductory. Its when the words 'tamperproof' and 'mandatory' come in to play is when driving is completely numbed out.

Andy

pablo

RMS Moderator
wonder how they work it if their mum drives the car too? still pay?

I fail to see how they see 30% saving on premiums tbh.

I hope they dont hope to blight us oldies with this garbage too!!

ak

RMS Regular
It might help stop thieving scum, at least the stupid ones.. which would be most of them :laughing:

Plus I could then start selling you all modified GPS tracker statistics for half the price of your premium ;)

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Why don't they just nationalise car insurance, and include road tax, and insurance in your petrol prices.

That way, more petrol and deisel you use, the more insurance and tax you pay, and seing as everyone pay's for fuel, you can guarantee everyone is insured, so that way everyones road legal.

Rather than people who are 18 and can't afford insurance and are forced to either hand over £3000 to insurae a car they then can't afford to keep safe or drive illegallly with no insurance.

Lolly

Drives
Toyota ae86
MacGyver said:
Why don't they just nationalise car insurance, and include road tax, and insurance in your petrol prices.

That way, more petrol and deisel you use, the more insurance and tax you pay, and seing as everyone pay's for fuel, you can guarantee everyone is insured, so that way everyones road legal.

good thinkin batman, u should run for politics in 'vote for me'! lol nah it would be quite a good idea.

Designated Driver

RMS Regular
thats the way it is in Italy and it works very well - third party only though - you pay separate charge if you wish for theft, fire and fully comp.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.