£10k-£12k for a family car/jeep

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
OP
Chris Mac
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Still no further on with this, seem to be spending hours on usedcars/autotrader and getting nowhere!

Tiguan is ideal but a lack of boot space worries me abit..

G Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
AI550 Evo IX GT
I'd this problem too, needing a jeep for kid an for work with me, was all set on an x5, rrs q7 etc til I heard all the normal horror stories, I ended up buying an amarok for business use and bik benefits but id say a tiguan is very similar inside an engine wise so I definitely recommend that!!

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
Boots in the Jetta/Passat are huge. Able to get a buggy and a full weeks shopping in them!

Octavia vRS though would be were my money would go!

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
I spend months looking... And drove some silly fast petrol cars as I don't do many miles..

Ended up with a VRS estate fully loaded... Handle great, lots of grunt.. I can't believe how easy in fuel it is! Looks good, and carries LOTS of sh!t in the huge boot

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Leon boot opening is woeful for a buggy though.

To be fair I wasnt expecting him to drop everything and pick a Leon, but yea the boot is crap, however there is alot of room in them. Was more just putting in there as its fun to drive and still room for a family.

Id probably rather have an Avant or a Jeep myself if id kids on the way.

davey21

RMS Regular
He d be better offering 2k and keeping 10k to fix it. :p Apparently they like staying in the garage.

santoz

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
vRS2.jpg

I just bought this, huge boot for pram and window blinds in back for kid plus getting 50+ mpg up and down to Belfast and 170bhp to boot (y)

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
What about the previous shape of X3, with the 3.0d engine in M-Sport guise? Would you pick one of those up for £12k?

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
OP
Chris Mac
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
#endthread car purchased last night, all will be revealed in good time (y)

X3's are dung and the arse will fall out of then very soon with the new ones dropping

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.