£25k Porsche 911

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
I believe OPC will sell you a warranty on a car with FSH after an inspection.

they will but they will also provide you with a list of any remedial work to take it up to OPC standard before you buy the warranty.

Been there and done it myself years ago with them.

The car must also have zero modifications, N rated tyres etc etc

If it were my money and deadset on a 997 i'd keep an eye out and budget knowing it was going to need the engine done sooner or later and you might as well do the clutch while the engine has been pulled out.

Ive a mate in Dublin that has a 3.6 996 and hes on his third Porsche OPC engine.

Another common problem are the front bumper radiators corroding in them (the crap caught in the bumper intake cant escape), the window mechanisms breaking, exhausts rotting to pieces (although they would be replaced by now at this age), coil packs rotting and getting misfires, coil pack heatshields rusting through. Also the radio headunit is something from the stoneages so avoid the sat nav models and save a few ££s.

MagicRat

RMS Regular
Drives
JapScrap
My kid brother bought a 996 about 3-4 years ago from England. It's a 4S with manual gearbox and loaded with all sorts of extras, stainless steel exhaust, suspension work, different alloy wheels and he got it for a bargain. I keep telling him he robbed the guy.

His first port of call straight from the Liverpool ferry was George McMillan. He had George fix whatever it is that goes bang on these and a few other things that George recommend. Car has been faultless. And that was a lot less than 25k.

I'd recommend you talk to George McMillan before buying.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Your budget ain’t far off 2nd gen 997. I’m
Biased, but that’s what I’d suggest.

I looked for a nice aerokitted 996 for years (guards Red) in the end, a guards red 997.2 appeared and the rest is history. A guards red 911 was a poster car for me as a child..... always wanted to tick the box.

Enjoy your search/research... but do scratch your itch 👍

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I dibbled and gave up and very nearly paid 45k for a 996 turbo. Only some minor issues put the deal sideways.
tread carefully if buying anything non turbo.

Sweet Fantastic

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche Cayman S
On my 3rd Porsche...…..2nd Cayman after air cooled 964.
Just go for a clean one with plenty of history...….also believe me a Cayman does it as much as the 911.
Don't be to fussed over the periphery stuff, sat nav, sports chrono etc......not deal breakers.
Take time to find yourself a solid one (Guard's red of course ;) )…... get George to give it the once over and you'll be sorted!

Jecks

RMS Regular
OP
J
It’s a nice car. Couldn’t live with the interior colour though, just a personal thing

prices on these seem all over the place on the gen 2 from what I’m learning.
was enquiring about a Mint c2s gen 2 cab 09 with 54k. about 8k worth of extras fpsh new clutch etc was for sale a couple of months then sold this week at £32k. Or maybe a little less.
enquired last night on a local car , very similar car but wasn’t a cab and not sure of what extras it has. It’s been for sale for OVER a year as far as I can make out. I asked the price
£40k ! That’s an 8k difference

JT079

RMS Regular
What would be the budget for a G-series 911? Like 3.0-3.2 with good history, small things to be tidied up, not huge mileages not rebuilt (~100K). Don’t mind LHD and don’t mind a bit TLC such as rust plus repaint.

Picture for attentions

Attachments

• 2E63D25A-028F-4CD1-B589-50751BA8A631.jpeg
    2E63D25A-028F-4CD1-B589-50751BA8A631.jpeg
    725.9 KB · Views: 51

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
What would be the budget for a G-series 911? Like 3.0-3.2 with good history, small things to be tidied up, not huge mileages not rebuilt (~100K). Don’t mind LHD and don’t mind a bit TLC such as rust plus repaint.

Picture for attentions

25-30k and up

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
That's been for sale from I bought mine in August last year. Not a hope of him getting that money for it imo

Jecks

RMS Regular
OP
J
Similar to the one at Wilson motors in ballymena. Been for sale a v long time and overpriced but they obviously don’t care to drop the price

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Similar to the one at Wilson motors in ballymena. Been for sale a v long time and overpriced but they obviously don’t care to drop the price

POA as well, what’s that all about?