£500 budget

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Have a banger rally coming up on the 12th and 13th july and we have a max budget of £500 for a car. Rules stipulate it so I can’t go a penny over

I couldn’t care if it has only mot to the 14th lol but it’s to drive to cork and back again. Ideally something kind of interesting, I know it’s a long shot but what’s out there?

Loads of mundane crap available but just chancing what’s out there amongst the members

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Peugeot 206 motd november maybe not interesting tho lol

big_pete

RMS Regular
OP
big_pete
Drives
Soulless pos
There's very little out there for £500.

seen that, I owned a G6 Corolla before and it wasn’t in anyway fun 😂

I have found a few ropey minis and a 206cc for the money but just seeing what’s maybe out there that isn’t advertised lol

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
seen that, I owned a G6 Corolla before and it wasn’t in anyway fun 😂

I have found a few ropey minis and a 206cc for the money but just seeing what’s maybe out there that isn’t advertised lol
I've never drove or even sat in one but I thought they were supposed to be decent to drive maybe I'm mixed up with a different model.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Theres an mgf on facebook marketplace for £500. Prob doesn't have mot but might be worth a look but Ive no idea what the mot availability is atm.

MarkM

RMS Regular

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182

'96dc2

RMS Regular
I’ve a 1.4 petrol MG ZR. It’s mot’d (extension) prob wouldnt pass another 1. 🤣 rough as.. but drives dead on.

£200.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Wouldn’t trust anything in the MG rover group to make it 😂

Remember i took a MG ZT from Belfast, 4500 miles to Bratislava and back in 7 days with absolutely no issues. Ragged up and down the alps and round the nurburgring in the process and the year before doing the same in a £250 pinto sierra. The potential of it not getting there is half the fun.

DEADE6FC-7177-4DA0-96B2-79826F8F4C3A.jpeg

938D7FA6-3930-4961-8D63-D3B263C1316F.jpeg

In Ballycastle, with MOT and the damage can be ignored. It was obviously driving well enough if the cub was out in it.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Wouldn’t trust anything in the MG rover group to make it 😂
Probably not 😂, but it gets me to work and back every day. Don’t think there will be much about with not that’s ‘cheap’ at the minute.

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Another Golf GTI, 99 2.0 litre around 80k on it, needs a wheel bearing and battery as it hasn't been drove in a year, fairly sure its still motd also but would need to check.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news